Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2015, 11:48 PM   #1

Thumbs down Rockwood Ultra Lite 2304DS new owner with water filter issue

Hi all. I wish we would've known about this when we took our new camper out for it's trial run. We had an issue with our water filter, had to tear down and take it to a Forest River warranty place which was 40 min. away from our campground. When we got there, a girl in the service dept. office came out and showed us how to put the filter in and "lock" it. We were thankful it wasn't a huge issue, just 'no information at all in any manual they gave us on how to lock in this filter. We cleaned up water 4 times because of it. But we were able to go back to the campground and had a nice 3 days after of camping. First night, we had to "rough it" with no water, LOL. Has anyone else had problems with finding the right information in the manuals they gave you? Ours hold no useful information at all. We have another issue too with the speakers for the IRV entertainment unit. The lowest volume is 1 and it's too loud. Is there a way to get the volume down. We like soft music at night and it's so loud on the lowest setting that we turn it off even if we're outside.
Wilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 12:42 AM   #2

I had the same problem with my water filter when I first tried it out on the first camping trip. I was checking all the water faucets and bleeding the air out of the lines when I first hooked up to city water and I heard a loud thump. The water filter housing came off and water was all over that side of the trailer before I could run outside and shut the water off. I finally reinserted the filter housing and this time I got it right and everything was fine. Lesson learned. I love this trailer, but I wished that they should have mounted a light switch at the door when you first enter the trailer. There seem to be room there for it. There are other things to consider, but for a small trailer with the room it gives with 2 slides I really cant complain too much. Wife and I enjoy it and it's a beautiful trailer.
Wildhog3213 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2304, rockwood, water, water filter