Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2022, 08:01 AM   #1

Sapulpa, Oklahoma

Greetings from Sapulpa, OK! (Southwest side of Tulsa)

After 10 years of owning a Jayco Jay Flight 26BH we bought a 2021 Forest River Work & Play 23LT Toy Hauler last summer. We absolutely loved the Jayco, and it was the perfect floorplan for us, but after getting back into motorcycle riding a few years ago, and my wife learning to ride last year, we wanted a way to combine two of our favorite pastimes.

We looked a LOT of Toy Haulers and just couldn't find the right combination of floorplan, garage size, length, weight, and price to meet our needs. We were about to give up until we found the 23LT at a local dealer in Tulsa.

Despite its model number, the 23LT is actually the same length as our Jayco was. (26' coach and 29' hitch to bumper) I know model numbers are only a loose representation of the coach length but on this model of the Work & Play it clearly means something else. Empty weight is a little more and obviously loaded with motorcycles and gear the loaded weight will be more but still within the range of my F250.

We took the W&P on its maiden voyage last summer to Gatlinburg, TN and have used it for a couple of weekend camping trips. So far we're pretty happy with it. I can fit one full touring bike in it and one medium cruiser with a comfortable amount of space around them. With a little care I could probably load two full touring bikes in it.

We miss the abundant storage we had in the Jayco and lost some cabinet space and outside storage but we're learning to be more creative with storage and more critical about what we really need to take with us.

I just installed two Condor Trailer-Only Motorcycle Wheel Chocks and I'm currently exploring how to hang shelves and wall organizers on the garage walls to maximize some unused space. Nothing crazy heavy, just some hooks to hang helmets and riding jackets and shelves for small totes to store riding and camping gear.

We're looking forward to our second summer with the W&P and gearing up for a trip to Harrison, AR Memorial Day Weekend for a couple of days riding in the Ozarks!
Dbarbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:17 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome from the countryside in Grayson County, Texas. Often model numbers are NOT a loose representation of the coach length or any other thing. It probably depends on the division assembling the unit. My 295RSX is 32’ 5”.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:28 AM   #3

Sounds like you've found the perfect trailer for your needs. For hanging stuff on walls of trailer, we've found Command strips work best. Look for the 'outside' hangers that are water resistant. As you probably know, drilling holes in the walls is not always the best way to hang 'stuff'.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 05-17-2022, 10:14 AM   #4
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote