Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2024, 10:10 AM   #1

Seasonal Camper in a 2014 Rockwood 8289WS Fifth Wheel

Hello! My husband's family has had a travel trailer at a small, beautiful lakeside seasonal campsite for as long as I can remember and the site next to the shared family site became available at the end of last season and he and I were lucky enough to get a lease on it before anyone else could. We purchased a 2014 Rockwood 8289WS and this will be our first season using it. I'm planning to do my best to modify/decorate it in a band-aid sort of way since I don't want to spend all my time there doing time-consuming projects. I'm looking forward to connecting with other owners who may have fun ideas or advice to share!
Margarita14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 10:59 AM   #2
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase of a 2014 Rockwood 8289WS. Enjoy and Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 11:04 AM   #3

Having your own trailer next to a family site sounds great.
What kind of projects are you looking to add to your rig?

Welcome to the forum!
Old 05-15-2024, 11:05 AM   #4
D W

Not to discourage you, but you're going to find out that maintaining your Rockwood is going to add to your list of "things to do". It's the nature of the beast. Welcome to the forum!
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 11:08 AM   #5

Welcome from Virginia !!!

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 11:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Having your own trailer next to a family site sounds great.
What kind of projects are you looking to add to your rig?

Welcome to the forum!
Hi! Essentially, I just want to cosmetically update the interior to make it brighter and more homey looking and feeling. I know that some of the RV manufacturers have made leaps and bounds with the interior decor of newer models, but with a pretty old model, everything feels so dark and drab and outdated. I know the biggest thing people typically do is a fresh coat of paint everywhere, but I really don't want to spend my precious time there doing projects like that. I did post some photos of some minor updates we made in our first night there in the mods folder.
Old 05-15-2024, 12:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Not to discourage you, but you're going to find out that maintaining your Rockwood is going to add to your list of "things to do". It's the nature of the beast. Welcome to the forum!
I'm very lucky to have a hubby who has already been in charge of all the maintenance at the current family trailer. He knows his workload will now be doubled, but at least he won't have to travel far to do it.
Old 05-16-2024, 12:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margarita14 View Post
Hi! Essentially, I just want to cosmetically update the interior to make it brighter and more homey looking and feeling.
Your pictures definitely show that you've brightened it up. Love the ratan light shades.
A friend gave us a brightly colored throw that made our rig more homely.
People frequently use slipcovers, throw rugs, and decals on the walls. One person even used acrylic panels that were printed with family travel photos to replace the glass in the overhead cabinets.
When you put in personal touches, it tends to make the 'outdated look' fade into the background.

One other thing, we use a product called 'museum putty' that makes things on counters stay stable before and during moves.
Old 05-16-2024, 07:49 AM   #9

Welcome to Forest River Forums!

Margarita14

We are from the Sunshine State, on Florida's west coast.
We are H.L. and Jan, our campervan is Greta.

Check both upper and lower forum MENU's, On the second lower MENU click on "USER CP" and fill in as much RV information as you want about your RV. This will be help other members trying to help you fix an issue, as they will go there to check what you may not know to be import to fix the issue. As most needed help questions come back needing basic RV information to know how to best help you.

Now, should you need a USER MANUAL, Forest River has most all their Owner's Manuals online. for most brands. "Forest River Models Click HERE Find your Brand name RV go to the bottom of the page on your left look for. OWNER'S MANUAL, then look for your brand's YEAR, and download your complete owner's manual onto an SD card. Here is a tip on where to do it yourself.

Tips the Better help you maneuver
To help in understanding how this forum can help with posting issues, Click Here to OPEN and review the posts on how to post, to get you up and running with a smile.

{B]FRF Library[/B]
Here are some FREE Tips, Tricks, and Checklists, uploaded from your fellow members to our Forest Rivers Forum members: Click HERE

Remember, all Outdoor adventures begin and end with a road trip, drive safely with your family cargo!
H.L. & Jan,
DogMan635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 08:19 AM   #10

Nice choice for an RV.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, camper, fifth wheel, rockwood, wheel