Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2023, 10:48 PM   #1

She Said Yes to A Camper

Well gents, I grew up RVing in the Summers with my family and..years later with kids of my own I was looking to get back into it. There was just something about it growing up. The only issue was I just had to talk the wife into it. It started with subtle hints in October, then it became a quick witted joke every chance I got. Like when she opened a digital torque wrench at a White Elephant party this last Christmas and I exclaimed, "if only we had an RV to check the lugs on!". It took a few months, but with some persistence and a few dealer trips to look at floor plans we were getting close. Then our daughter asked when we were going to get one and from there on my wife was in. Thanks little buddy.

By mid January we were the owners of a 2022 ePro 20BHS. One trip out already and we loved it. It was pure nostalgia. Happy to be part of the RV family again. It's not the same being the parent this time, but it'll be that for the kids, and that's good enough.

As for the RV I have been blown away by the features: inverter, solar, iPhone app control, 12v refrigerators, etc. Pairing this platform with CAD, a CNC, and a 3D printer should be fun. So here's to joining this forum to share what I can come up with as we make the camper our own.

Happy Wife, Happy Camper,

-Eric
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4131.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	340.2 KB
ID:	283375  
et_fti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:55 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum from Virginia !!

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 10:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by et_fti View Post
Pairing this platform with CAD, a CNC, and a 3D printer should be fun. So here's to joining this forum to share what I can come up with as we make the camper our own.

Happy Wife, Happy Camper,
-Eric
Cant' wait to see what you come up with using CAD, CND and a 3D printer.

Glad your wife and family are enjoying camping!
Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-27-2023, 06:53 AM   #4

She Said Yes to A Camper

2021 Cherokee Greywolf 23MK
Equalizer 1,000lb WDH
Guspech750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 07:40 AM   #5
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase of a 2022 ePro 20BHS. Enjoy and Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 08:05 AM   #6

Welcome aboard and enjoy.

Happy wife = Happy Life (whatever it takes)
Old 01-27-2023, 08:19 AM   #7

Welcome and Congratulations on the new trailer. The joke with my wife and I is that we met as a blind date and the only reason I asked her out for a second date was that she grew up camping like I did. 23 years in we are on our 4th trailer, our son has grown up camping, and our retirement plans involve a lot of time in a camper.

Favorite Saying: The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!
Draggo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 08:40 AM   #8

Welcome and congratulations. Nice set up you have there.
whitexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 08:41 AM   #9

Congratulations and Welcome to the Forum from NC
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 08:49 AM   #10

Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats and enjoy making memories in your 2022 E Pro 20BHS.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 09:21 AM   #11

Test things out by "camping" in the driveway a couple of days
especially how to get the best from the fridge, battery and solar.
was the battery and solar matched to the 12v fridge usage ?

Took me a while to convince first wife we should buy a boat. (Used)

On the first trip, took her along..... but spent the day fiddling with stuff that wasn't found in the test run. OOPS

She was not impressed and never stepped foot on the boat again.
Old 01-27-2023, 11:04 PM   #12

Thanks all for the welcomes / comments. We are enjoying them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Cant' wait to see what you come up with using CAD, CND and a 3D printer.

Glad your wife and family are enjoying camping!
Welcome to the forum!
First 3D item is a lightweight paper towel holder for over the sink (pic attached) Next to come will be Microstream mount, exterior hose/30 amp cable frame hooks and water filter clamp, socket clips for lugs & scissor jacks, spare battery mounts - one for smoke/carbon monoxide detector and one keyless entry, and bunkhouse ladder mount. CNC wise I have an ammo can that looks like it would mount nicely on the tongue to hold my locks, boot, and some collapsable chocks.

Notice the happy wife theme, starting with the kitchen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draggo View Post
Welcome and Congratulations on the new trailer. The joke with my wife and I is that we met as a blind date and the only reason I asked her out for a second date was that she grew up camping like I did. 23 years in we are on our 4th trailer, our son has grown up camping, and our retirement plans involve a lot of time in a camper.
I was strategic, we started off tent camping, I did a lot of heavy lifting and planning behind the scenes to make it seem easy being she didn't have camping in her background. It's paid off time and time again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieguy View Post
Test things out by "camping" in the driveway a couple of days
especially how to get the best from the fridge, battery and solar.
was the battery and solar matched to the 12v fridge usage ?

Took me a while to convince first wife we should buy a boat. (Used)

On the first trip, took her along..... but spent the day fiddling with stuff that wasn't found in the test run. OOPS

She was not impressed and never stepped foot on the boat again.
I love this advice b/c its damn good. I can't say I followed it but you'll get a kick out of our first trip. She had it in her mind that we would just pick it up on a Friday and get to go camping with the kids. She threw the idea out there 1 week before we were to pick it up... I wouldn't have had a chance had it not been for Amazon. Before picking up the RV I ordered everything, the sewer hose, locks, fresh water hose, surge protector, prepped some extra storage, boxes, etc...The fresh water hose barely made it on on time...somehow I managed to pull off the first trip straight from the dealership without a hitch.. I dealt with all the septic dumping behind the scenes on the way to storage. What she doesn't know can't hurt for the first few trips.

Your comment in regards to the fridge I had not considered and should probably verify the pairing of everything! Thanks for this. I would hope they did a good job pairing the solar to battery to the fridge, etc. from the mfr but better safe than sorry to double check this. It did come with a dual battery box on the tongue, but only a single battery so adding a second is likely a good idea. I'll have to do my research on if I can swap the AGM for a larger lithium as I am imagining it will be less weight per amp hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paper Towel Mount.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	283394  
et_fti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper