Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #1

Soon to purchase 2009 wildwood 29bhbs

Just sold my 2006 keystone hornet TT. I am about to purchase a 09 wildwood 29bhbs. I looked at wildwoods back in 2006 and they looked built cheaply. When I started looking at them this year it looks like the quality has improved tremendously. Has any one else noticed this????
timbuckone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:45 PM   #2

Nice trailer, we hope you like it. Lots of room and storage.

We just got a 2008 29bhbs

we used it a couple weeks ago, worked well. we knew it wasnt a high end trailer, but it is functional and has lots of room, a feature we were looking for. the bathroom is small, we hope the bathroom door will be a nice feature but we didnt use much on our first trip. the shower is pretty small, limited head room without the skylight, but ok if you arent over 6 ft or so. our bathroom was totally functional though. we werent able to get anything to stick to the walks effectively so we will have to screw our towel rings and mounting hooks in the wall. It is a good solid trailer, very heavy.

all the major items worked fine. the drawers arent too substantial, dont pull hard on them they will hangup and damage. be careful when you open the drawers, lift and pull, they are friction slides not rollers.

the trailer has lots of internal and external storage. our heat and air worked well. all appliances worked well. no problems during the 315 mile tow to the cg.

fyi, regarding plumbing. the kitchen sink and bathroom sink are connected to galley, they fill quickly, i think they are about 33 gall tank. shower is connected to gray tank , 33 gall i think. black tank to commode. also a city water tank, well insulated

awning worked fine, but due to wind didnt use

ran out of water quickly, onlly used the propane heat, not electric, it is a 6 gall dsi/elect/propane suburban. would recommend adding the water conservation head in shower that has the water off feature

very roomy, plenty of lighting, stereo and tv worked fine, the flip tv is a nice feature. recommend added a 4 inch memory foam to bed for comfort.

slides worked fine. just keep gears and metal lubricated with slide spray, and use seal spray on the rubber seals on the slides and they should work for a long time. the slide switches are next to light switches so a cover may be needed to prevent accidental slide switching when turning lights on /off, there doesnt seem to be any fuses or breakers to switch off in the panel box inside. the on/off for the water heater is also in a bad location and needs a cover, this is pretty common in trailers though not just FR

we didnt get a rear ladder unfortunately so we bought an extend and climb ladder, works well

the dinette is nice size, the table is a bit cheap, the hinges pulled out of our frame already, not a big deal though, when we get time we will try to see how to fix.

Hope you have a good dealer, spend a lot of time doing research up front, on the quality of the trailer and the dealer you buy from.

Enjoy