Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2021, 06:17 AM   #21

Welcome and many great trips in your new WolfPup!
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 11:09 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
It's too bad you live in such a bad place that you have to lock up a cheap dealer supplied battery and 20lb propane bottles! That just stinks.
Shortly after the propane bottle was stolen off our popup, a pickup truck in the neighborhood caught fire with a bunch of propane tanks in the back. I had to wonder if maybe karma caught up with someone.

Our neighborhood is post-WWII boom housing, and is now a lot of rental properties. We ended up in Tucson when the company I worked for sold out our division to another company, and the product lines were moved here. When we bought our place around 25 years ago, we knew that we were up for sale again, and had no idea whether the next company would keep the product lines here, or move them somewhere else. We were able to buy our place for a monthly payment that was well under what we were paying in rent at the time, and I figured if I was laid-off, I could take a job for under what I was making at the time, and still be able to keep a roof over our heads.

That said, I have friends and coworkers that live in far nicer neighborhoods, and still have to lock things up to try and deter the thieves. There are far too many people, pretty much everywhere now, that have the attitude that what someone else has worked for, they can steal without hesitation.

2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ
2005 Toyota Sequoia
Hoomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:25 PM   #23

Did you change the door and storage compartment locks? The standard door and storage compartment locks are keyed based on only a few common keys and just with the number on the locks or existing keys you can order them from amazon or ebay. Chances are there is any number of campers at any given campground with the same keys.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:01 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
Did you change the door and storage compartment locks? The standard door and storage compartment locks are keyed based on only a few common keys and just with the number on the locks or existing keys you can order them from amazon or ebay. Chances are there is any number of campers at any given campground with the same keys.
Not yet, but I will look into that.

2021 Wolf Pup 16FQ
2005 Toyota Sequoia
Hoomi is offline   Reply With Quote