Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2009, 07:50 PM   #1

Thanks for having us.

We are excited about picking up our new 09 Rockwood Roo 21rs tomorrow from Sauders in St. Jacobs Ontario. We are planning a trip out to the eastern coast of Canada this summer if my holidays don't drastically change. I am getting an advancement in my work but I have to wait for others to retire before this happens. I may have to change shifts depending upon where I land so the holidays are up in the air. If it isn't this year it will be next. I liked this model because my driveway limited me to 23'5" so this model gives me some wiggle room. I also like the bunks in the front for my two girls, and the rear slide out for the wife and myself. With this model I am hoping at least a couple of times on the big trip to leave the Jeep on and hope for an easy set up and take down. Should be a lot easier than my 06 Viking pop-up. We think we also got a bargain as this was last years stock when the Cdn. dollar was a little stronger. Our first trip plans to be the May 24 holiday long weekend to a buddy's place in Tobermory. There is no hydro there yet so the second battery and propane tank should work nicely. Last May 24 we ran out of battery juice on night 2 and froze. Charged the battery and night 3 ran out of propane and froze. Looking forward to the season. Once again thanks for having us. Jason Kelly Lauryn Madeline Zinger, Elmira Ontario Canada
zinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:04 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Glad you tuned in and to FRF. Congrats on the new RV. Here's to a safe and funfilled camping season!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:20 AM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to FRF. You learned the hard way about battery and propane use. Maybe the rest of the lessons will be easier for you.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #4

Zinger, we are thinking about buying a 2007 Rockwood Roo 21RS from Sauders too. I joined this forum to get some reviews about this trailer, and to pick up some pointers as we are newbies. I will watch this thread as I am interested in the same info as you are.
sluckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
Chris and Sara

Welcome!!

2004 F-150 with Tow Package
2009 Flagstaff 829 FKSS
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equalizer Hitch

renegaderailfan is offline   Reply With Quote