Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2015, 07:46 AM   #1

"The Bratmobile!"

Good Morning Folks! Let me introduce you to "The Bratmobile!" This is the name we came up with for our new 2015 FR3. While we will be using it primarily for "RVing," we will also be using it to promote awareness and recognition of Military Brats - the children of Military service members. This is the image you will soon see on the back of the Bratmobile. It features the dandelion, the official flower of the Military Child, bordered by a dog tag chain to honor our parents. Hope to see y'all soon...

Click image for larger version

Name:	New DogTag2_FIN_BLACK copy.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	93999
The Bratmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:18 PM   #2

Congratulations on the new RV. What is the significance of raising awareness and recognition of children of military service members? Just curious, never came across this before.
abomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:59 PM   #3

Bratmobile!

Welcome aboard!
You will find friendly people here to answer your questions and a wealth of knowledge in the posts.
I too am an Air Force brat.
Dad served 20 years and six days when he retired.
My brother, my cousin, and myself, we joined the Navy and saw the world.
My son now serves in the Navy.
Good luck with helping present and future military children. I found them to be a pretty resilient group.

Chris in Virginia

vasnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:58 PM   #4

Welcome to the Forums from Huntsville, AL (Redstone Arsenal) Both our Kids are attendees of Patch American High School, Stuttgart, GE (Son Graduated we PCSed before Daughter could ) Thanks for doing this - it is a awesome endeavor!!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:18 PM   #5
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by abomb View Post
Congratulations on the new RV. What is the significance of raising awareness and recognition of children of military service members? Just curious, never came across this before.
Good question. And while we are recognizing the children of military personnel,what about recognizing the person who takes care of the children - that being the Mother?
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 05:47 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Good question. And while we are recognizing the children of military personnel,what about recognizing the person who takes care of the children - that being the Mother?
First welcome aboard the forum....I am a navy brat moving about Canada's east coast with my dad serving his 25th year on an army base in Ontario...he said something about not liking how the army did business so he "pulled the pin". So what better way of life could I get into so now into my 33 year and yes dragging my kids and DW around the country to serve "Queen and country". Like the others has said was is the essues you wish to bring forward? I know growing up me and my two sisters relied on each other alot as we were the constants in an ever changing system. And yes from the quote, it is "mother" of the brood that holds the glue to keep it together during postings and deployments. There should be a mother/family medal or decoration.

Kevin
tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:20 PM   #7

Recognizing Moms

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
I think that's a GREAT idea, and will support you as you take on the initiative! I have my hands full with just the Brats!
The Bratmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:56 PM   #8
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bratmobile View Post
I think that's a GREAT idea, and will support you as you take on the initiative! I have my hands full with just the Brats!
Very good turning the table,but No. My brats and their Mother are long gone in their own life endeavors.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote