Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Traded Up - 2013 Rockwood UL 2904SS

Hey, happy campers!

We just traded in our starter travel trailer (18-foot Nomad) for a 2013 Forest River Rockwood UL 2904SS.

We love all the upgrades in the RV and having a big shower with actual doors is wonderful!

We just got back from a quick 3-day trip and will taking her out next week for a 4-day trip. (Both trips to a Colorado State park with full hook-ups.)

Our one issue with the camper was our toilet shooting out about 1/4 to 1/2 a cup over the lip when flushing. (Even with the lid closed, some would shoot out.) I disconnected the shore water and tested it with just the water pump and it did the same thing. I brought it to the dealer yesterday and, of course, it wouldn't do it for him but he did find one of the valves use for winterizing was closed when it should've been open but also suggested I get a water regulator valve to ensure we are only getting 40-50 PSI. (He said some campsites will have 80-100 PSI of water pressure..way too much.) So I ordered one on Amazon for next week.

We love the trailer....and plan on pulling her all the way home to Maine next summer, if I can get at least 3-weeks of vacation at work. (I'm a group manager of the largest team in my company so kinda on a short leash sometimes.)

I couldn't figure out how to upload a picture in my signature but it did post the link to a picture of the camper...I hope the link works!
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the Rockwood!

I took my TT in twice for a problem with the microwave. Of course it worked for the service department each time. However, I used my smart phone to video taped the problem and then the service manager saw the problem. In my case it was user error so the solution was easy.

Like most people here I also use a water regulator for the reason your dealer stated. Hopefully this will take care of the water shooting out of the toilet.

Here's a link to Forums 101. See post #25 for directions on inserting pictures in your signature. Please let us know if you have any questions or need help.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:53 PM   #3
Site Team

PS
I just checked the picture in the link and the trailer looks really nice. And the campground looks pretty good too. I've been bitten by the camping bug and I want a campground with big trees. The campground in the picture is what I'm seeking.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, that's at Cherry Creek State Park which is actually very close to Denver next to a reservoir.

Let's see if my avatar and signature are fixed....here's goes..
Old 10-09-2014, 07:58 PM   #5

Congratulations on the 2904SS. We traded our Puma 25RS 4 weeks ago on a 2015 2904SS with 2 recliners and dining table w/ chairs. We took it to Lake Michigan for a few days a couple of weeks ago. Love it!. Taking one more trip to Amish country in Ohio next week... then off to storage
BTW, no issue with stool water pressure.
Enjoy your new "baby"!
dpowli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Well color me dumb!

Remember how I said the toilet was spewing a bit of water over the front lip when flushing? (Even with the outside water off and just using the water pump)

Last night, we were watching RV Tips on youtube and a guy was talking about leveling. He reminded us that if you have a slide out, it may make your trailer lean to that side when it's extended...so we should check the level with it in and then when it's out.

DUH! I think that's exactly what ours did...and the reason it wouldn't do it when I brought it to the dealer and demonstrated it for him. (The slide wasn't out.)

Phew...I thought we were going to have to spring for a new toilet. (But I did buy a water regulator and, from what I've read, it's a good thing to always have.)

I also found a new kind of level that I ordered and will be trying out.

We going back to the reservoir Thursday for 4 days then Rocky is getting winterized...some COLD weather coming to Colorado in a week or so...(low 20's and snow)
Old 10-11-2014, 12:34 PM   #7
Site Team

In just a few days or so you will know if the toilet issue is gone or not. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the problem is history.

I agree about a water regulator being a good thing. I started off with a simple one from WM before upgrading to one with a gauge from CW. There are adjustable ones too but couldn't see spending the extra money on it for my use.

Have fun on your trip before the cold weather arrives along with snow.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:26 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Great news...no toilet issue now. (I leveled the trailer better and using my new 45psi water regulator)
Our neighbor is in a Rockwood Signature 5th wheeler!! Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #9
Site Team

Thanks for the update. Good to hear there's no more toilet issue now.

Tags
2013, rockwood