Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #1

Trying to choose new travel trailer.

We are trying to choose a new travel trailer. Our search has us seriously considering a Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 with a Murphy bed.

Would be interested in hearing from anyone with experience using this camper and any advice.
Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #2

There are quite a few of us with 2306's, and everyone loves them. This was my first year with a 2306 (and my first year camping). The only issue I had was with one of the Murphy bed mounts -- it started to rip out of the cheap wood cabinet. I braced it myself to hopefully strengthen it.

Aside from that, highly recommended!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #3

pg rider, thanks for the feedback. We are about ready to take the plunge.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
Site Team

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #5

Very interested in this thread. I too am new here, the wife and I are looking at purchasing a TT this winter. the 2306 is on our short list (my favorite floorplan) but I have read several instances of issues with the murphy bed hindge. I am a BIG guy so, I am thinging no murphy bed for me.
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #6

We placed the order today for the 2306! Won't get delivery until mid Feb.

Indymule, the Murphy bed opens up a lot of floor space and has a comfortable couch to use when in up position. We went for it.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indymule View Post
Very interested in this thread. I too am new here, the wife and I are looking at purchasing a TT this winter. the 2306 is on our short list (my favorite floorplan) but I have read several instances of issues with the murphy bed hindge. I am a BIG guy so, I am thinging no murphy bed for me.
My wife and I love our 2306 and have not had the first problem with it. I have checked the murphy bed mounting areas on mine and they are fine. The murphy bed is such an awesome design that allows so much extra floor space when the bed is not needed. Other than possibly reinforcing the brackets before you lay on the bed I don't think you would have any problems.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #8

Agree -- go with the Murphy bed option, but take some very simple preventative measures around the mounting points and you'll be good to go. I can post a picture later on showing how I reinforced mine.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #9

Thanks for the ideas. I like the idea of being able to open up the living area with the murphy bed. The other thing for us is that you can only have the double bunks. The wife and I currently travel by motorcycle. Since we are now empty nesters (yeehaw). We are wanting to take our two dogs with us on trips. That is why we started looking at a TT. The one thing I really like about the 2306 design is the triple bunks. We are planning on building a custom dog gate across the openning to the bottom bunk. This will allow us to make that bottom bed a dog bed. Our dogs are currently crated when we are out and at night. This design allows us give them their own 26x72 bed in the TT and still have space if one (or both) of our kids wants to come along.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #10

Cheesehead, congrates on pulling the plug. I am looking forward to getting ours but I am also enjoying the research.

Tags
rockwood mini lite 2306