Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
Broken Toe

two Roo 21ssl's on order!

I just wanted to intoduce myself. Hi, I'm Tim, and I have a camping problem.

I just ordered a 21ssl from RVW and my friend orderd the EXACT SAME unit as well. Same options, same colors, same everything. It will be intersting to see A) how close in serial number they are (We ordered on the same phone call with RVW) and B) if there is any noticable differences between the two when they arrive.

Now. Just a little history...

My first RV was a 31' Winnebago Class A. Nice unit, very comfy to drive on the interstates, but quite the handful on secondary roads. On the wifes suggestion, we sold it and bought a large pop-up with a slide-out dinette.

We camped once in the pop-up, and really enjoyed it. But we missed some aspects of the Class A. Namely the storage space and the ability to stock the fridge before we leave. I pull with a Ford Excursion so its not like I got an open truck bed to carry things in (firewood, propane, etc...), and I always have to get someone else to haul the 4-wheeler or motorcycle if we go riding and wanna camp out.

On a whim, we went with our freinds to the St. Louis RV show a few weeks ago. I've never gave a hybrid a second look before. I always figured them as the worst of both worlds. Pop-up beds, but size of a TT. Boy, was I wrong.

We looked at a Coachman. (blech) and then a Jayco (much nicer). Never did see a Roo there, musta just missed them. But when looking at different ones online, I saw the 21SSL. Its like someone custom built the EXACT thing I needed in a RV. High-tailed it up to the local dealer and looked one over. Perfect. Just perfect.

Put the pop-up for sale on Craiglist and sold it 2 days later for asking price ($300 more than I paid for it 5 months ago). The wife got home and saw the Pop-up gone, and said, "I guess you are serious about buying that new RV". Um... yep.

My freinds were kinda mad that we went and looked at the dealers without them. They both really like the look of the Roo in the brochure, so we planned on going up the following weekend and looking/buying. I had 3 of the online companies quote me one with all the options I wanted, and we told the dealer that we would buy two of them right then and there if they would meet or beat the middle price of the three quotes.

The dealer flatly refused, and would not come off their origianl quote one cent (which was about $2000 over the middle quote). I thanked the man for his time, and called RVW back when we got home and we both ordered one.

So in about 8 weeks, I'm hoping to have my new baby. For the first time in about 5 years, I dont have a camper parked in the driveway, and it looks just wrong to me

Tim
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Site Team

don't know where you live but out West, the differences in prices are worse! and my local dealers were over $4000 in price than the Midwest dealer i bought from.

so, Welcome to the "Roo Kroo"!

be sure to post questions, pics and mods on the Expandable/Hybrid section here at FRF.
there's a Roo sub-section there. and Shamrocks are the twin of the Roo.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #3

Nice we are in st louis also
tking01_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21ssl