Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2015, 12:50 PM   #1

Veterans

Hello folks,
This has little to do with RVs except for those readers who might happen to be veterans. I was just thinking of the freedoms and privileges we have here. What we owe to our vets is incomprehensible. About 2.5 million folks served in Viet Nam, and countless numbers in all our other "conflicts".
We should enjoy America, but now and then give some thought to what all this freedom has cost.
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:01 PM   #2

As a serving member of the Canadian Armed Forces I think about the sacrifice daily. Seeing the media from around the world and I truly appreciate "my" country, north or south of the 49th and what has been given by my countrymen. Every year on 11 November, Remembrance Day, nothing else matters but to think of the sacrifices of our countries citizens to be free. "Frozen", you bring up an excellent thought.

Kevin
tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:08 PM   #3

I still give a handshake and a thank-you to any service member that I can and fly my country's flag proudly every day. My Dad was a dive-bomber pilot in the Pacific in WW2 and got shot down but survived and I can't imagine what all those guys went through. Same for Korea, Viet Nam, Afganistan and Iraq and every other conflict they served in
. Good Lord have mercy on our veterans. Thank you all.

2013 Forest River Surveyor SP220 Sport 25'
2012 Ram 1500 4X4, 5.7L Hemi quad cab
pt1655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 02:17 PM   #4

Enforcing our laws hasn't gotten any easier either. Seems like those folks are getting dragged around by news media each day. There are a lot of people doing public service who don't get much credit.
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:39 PM   #5

My father served in WWII and my brother and I both served in Desert Storm. 1st Ranger Batt here!
TV: 2016 GMC 3500 Denali - Motor Ops Tuned
Days Camped 2016: 28
Days Camped 2017: 25 so far
DocGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen View Post
Enforcing our laws hasn't gotten any easier either. Seems like those folks are getting dragged around by news media each day. There are a lot of people doing public service who don't get much credit.
I checked out some youtube vids titled "First Amendment Tests" and it is hard to believe that a small group of "Individuals" have such a shallow impression of personnel in Law Enforcement. As a Canadian I admit I do not understand the intricies of the US Amendments but am sure they are similiar in intent with the Canadian Rights and Freedoms and our Constituition but to openly antagonize and berrat "Coppers" into thinking they know and understand every law and regulation. In Canada there is over 800 sections to the Criminal Code of Canada not to mention all the sections of the Provincial Highway Act. I find it funny that there is a video of an RCMP officer pulling over a drunk and dopy Canadian driver, and this "Individual" starts spouting off about his knowledge of his Amendment Rights, to the point where the police officer has to remind him that he is in the middle of British Columbia, CANADA. There is no such thing as Miranda Rights in Canada...it was comincal at first then got nausiating.

"Frozen...you found that one nerve."

Kevin
tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:04 PM   #7
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
U.S.M.C. Viet-nam late 60's, early 70's
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote