Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2015, 06:47 PM   #1

Wannabe Solera Owners in the PNW

Hi:

My wife and I are current owners of an Alpenlite 5er and crew cab F-250 4X4 Powerstroke. We want to get into tight National Park, Forest Service and State Park sites and have targeted the 24 Sprinter based motor homes. We are currently homing in on the Solera 24-R as the floor plan that best meets our needs.

This looks like a great place to learn all the kinks and foibles of these units.

Greg
gfior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:33 PM   #2
TARVIDSON

Greg,
We have owned a 24G for about a year. The Mercedes chassis are excellent for the tight spots. I originally wanted a 24R for the walk around bed but eventually changed my mind due to the difference in storage space. The only things we have changed is I went to two batteries(much more capacity) and I enclosed and heated the gray and black tanks and the outlet as they are just hanging out in the weather to freeze. The pump is not well protected either but easy to insulate. The new 24W looks really nice to me but I haven't actually seen anything but the floor plan. They are a little bit noisy going down the road, drive like a car, gets 13-16 mpg on the road and you can see really well out of it. All in all we just love it! Good luck finding the perfect motorhome.
TARVIDSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:04 AM   #3

Welcome from Oregon! I love my 24R, and I have no problem fitting into small campsites.
wendylys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:40 PM   #4

We are in the PNW (Washington) and have a Solera 24R. We bought ours just over a year ago. Some friends of ours bought one a few months ago. We just returned from a three week trip.

Please feel free to ask specific questions.
PNWTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:18 PM   #5

We have a 24S, had it for 3 years now and LOVE it. We've taken it every where including downtown San Antonio TX and put it in one of their parking lots while visiting the Alamo. We're planning out this years trips starting this next week end. Good Luck.

Tags
solera