Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2022, 10:20 AM   #1

What is this ?

]Not a total noob but just got back into camping since 20 some years ago. We bought a 2018 Forrest River SFX. I bought it of course off an individual and don’t have an owner’s manual.
Got a question can anyone tell me what this is?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EF1DE4F1-3010-4E59-800B-95E1B32BCB51.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	283.7 KB
ID:	279375  
Newbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:29 AM   #2

That looks like a power inverter. Looks the previous owner installed it to produce 120V AC power from the 12V battery. There should be some manufacture's name and model number somewhere on it, so a quick google search with that info should tell you what it is capable of. As to how it was installed, look for cables running back to the 12V system and investigate.

Best of luck.
Old 09-19-2022, 10:44 AM   #3

Tha is that’s what I have been told by non campers that it looks like an inverter but not a very big one don’t know what all it would run. Only problem I have is the black ground is disconnected for some reason and I don’t want to hook it up I don’t know what will happen. This is the second owner I am third but previous owners father in law bought it new never camped in it and the previous owner took it out 2 times
Newbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote