Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #21
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08flagvlite View Post
Hey cfsoistman, I guess we COULD pack up the camper, put on some snow chains...e bay?? and come visit the great white north, so we can experience shoveling snow first-hand!! NAH!!!
Aaaahh come on up. We've got a fresh batch on the way tonight, non of that dirty looking stuff on the side of the road from the old storms. Some nice white snow. Just think of all the fun we've having.
One of my co-workers just got a snow thrower for his tractor. He's hoping for another 20" er.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:46 AM   #22

I'm so ready I can't hardly stand it. I am just itching to get into a campground!
sonicsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:32 PM   #23

I think its great that so many of you get to hit the campgrounds soon!!

What is the going rate now..for water, sewer and electric? Our campground charges I think $42 a night for campers...that seems like alot! (then I look at my seasonal contract..lol)

Do any of you have a favorite you go to alot...or like to visit many?
AvaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Thanks we were celebrating our 30th Anniversary on Royal Caribbean's "Grandeur of the Seas" at their resort in Labbadee at the north shore of Haiti. Just wish that kind of weather would hurry up and get here.
Niiccee!!! ANd Congrats...30 yrs is amazing!!! We will be on NCL Pearl end of May....darnit though..we booked 18 mths ago (For my hubby's 50th)..not having any clue we would have this great new trailer and miss 2 weekends in it!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:41 PM   #25
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaMom View Post
Niiccee!!! ANd Congrats...30 yrs is amazing!!! We will be on NCL Pearl end of May....darnit though..we booked 18 mths ago (For my hubby's 50th)..not having any clue we would have this great new trailer and miss 2 weekends in it!
You won't regret it. Our cruise was 9 nights out of Baltimore in October 2008. It just so happened to be the same week as the TCA Train Meet at York PA, which is the biggest model train show in the country, I'm a TCA Member and it was the first time I missed the show since 1989 when I joined, but I've got plenty of trains but only one loving wife. I'd rather spend the time with her more than anything else.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:04 PM   #26

AvaMom asked, "What is the going rate now..for water, sewer and electric?"

FHU's with cable, 50 & 30 amp, at Marvel Family Camping Resort are $39 regular (2 night weekend min) and $48 holidays (3 night min) and they consider spring break a holiday. You can overnight during the week. W & E with cable are $34 regular and $43 holidays. Some sites are concrete, most have shade, a few on the river, cabin rentals. They do have alot to offer for all ages. Rec Hall, horesback riding, miniture golf, swiming pool, horsehoes, golf cart & bike rentals, float trips (Illinois River), trout fishing, hiking trails. This is the park that we have reservations for in 2 weeks, can't wait. Located about 10-12 miles north of I-40 (exit 287) at the Gore Exit in eastern OK.

Most of the time we camp at Lake Eufaula State Park. They have two camping areas about 3 or 4 miles apart. Both have large level shaded sites and paved roads. Bathroom and showers show a little age but are cleaned daily. They both have lots of tent sites, $12 I think.
One has about 25 sites FHU's, 30 amp only. It's not on the lake but close and the only one with FHU's. It has a small playground but it is a nice area and the one I usually camp at, ($23). I like to take my time flushing the black tank.
The other has about 150 sites 50 amp ($23) & 30 amp ($21), water and electric only. A few "Preferred" 30 amp sites are next to the lake ($23). There is an easy to use dump station. This campground has a Nature Center, large playground, hiking trails, boat ramp, marina with indoor/outdoor fishing dock and a small cafe that serves breakfast and lunch. Great fishing - crappie, bass, catfish, sand bass. I'll camp here if it's just my wife and me, or just me, for 2 or 3 nights. These campgrounds are only 12 miles from my house! Located about 7-8 miles south of I-40 (exit 259) on Lake Eufaula State Park Road in eastern OK.

If you happen to find yourself in eastern Oklahoma, check these campgrounds out.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicsix View Post
I'm so ready I can't hardly stand it. I am just itching to get into a campground!
It appears many are....our guy from the RV dealership we deal with, said he cant believe how many units he is selling...the RV shows in WI have been packed...I could barely move at the one in Madison a few weekends ago,

I did notice trailers , of all kinds, seem to be more affordable than 4 years ago...!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:21 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
You won't regret it. Our cruise was 9 nights out of Baltimore in October 2008. It just so happened to be the same week as the TCA Train Meet at York PA, which is the biggest model train show in the country, I'm a TCA Member and it was the first time I missed the show since 1989 when I joined, but I've got plenty of trains but only one loving wife. I'd rather spend the time with her more than anything else.
Nice, can see why you have been married for 30 yrs

We sail out of Seattle to Alaska for a week....our trailer is decorated in a lodge/moose theme...so I KNOW I will find a few things for the trailer...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
AvaMom asked, "What is the going rate now..for water, sewer and electric?"

FHU's with cable, 50 & 30 amp, at Marvel Family Camping Resort are $39 regular (2 night weekend min) and $48 holidays (3 night min) and they consider spring break a holiday. You can overnight during the week. W & E with cable are $34 regular and $43 holidays. Some sites are concrete, most have shade, a few on the river, cabin rentals. They do have alot to offer for all ages. Rec Hall, horesback riding, miniture golf, swiming pool, horsehoes, golf cart & bike rentals, float trips (Illinois River), trout fishing, hiking trails. This is the park that we have reservations for in 2 weeks, can't wait. Located about 10-12 miles north of I-40 (exit 287) at the Gore Exit in eastern OK.

Most of the time we camp at Lake Eufaula State Park. They have two camping areas about 3 or 4 miles apart. Both have large level shaded sites and paved roads. Bathroom and showers show a little age but are cleaned daily. They both have lots of tent sites, $12 I think.
One has about 25 sites FHU's, 30 amp only. It's not on the lake but close and the only one with FHU's. It has a small playground but it is a nice area and the one I usually camp at, ($23). I like to take my time flushing the black tank.
The other has about 150 sites 50 amp ($23) & 30 amp ($21), water and electric only. A few "Preferred" 30 amp sites are next to the lake ($23). There is an easy to use dump station. This campground has a Nature Center, large playground, hiking trails, boat ramp, marina with indoor/outdoor fishing dock and a small cafe that serves breakfast and lunch. Great fishing - crappie, bass, catfish, sand bass. I'll camp here if it's just my wife and me, or just me, for 2 or 3 nights. These campgrounds are only 12 miles from my house! Located about 7-8 miles south of I-40 (exit 259) on Lake Eufaula State Park Road in eastern OK.

If you happen to find yourself in eastern Oklahoma, check these campgrounds out.
They sound like great places....and 12 miles from your house! Lucky! We dont have that great of fishing at our little lake, but we are close enough to Lake Koshgonong for boating/fishing.

For now, with our unit, we are stuck in WI....lol
Old 02-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaMom View Post
We dont have that great of fishing at our little lake
You can see two of the crappies I caught last March in my avatar. I had a 5 gallon bucket 3/4's full (about 2 dozen or more) that I caught in about 3-4 hours time. All were around that size. I just picked up a couple up for the pic. Most of the crappie I keep weigh from 1½ to 2½ lbs. I would keep bigger ones but they tend to hide from me. I tell my wife "Fish tremble at the sound of my name!"

Here's a pic from about 7 years ago. It's a 54 lb. flathead caught on jug lines. People have caught alot bigger, but in all my years of fishing this was the biggest I have caught. Most of the time we catch Mississippi Blues while jugging anywhere from 4 lbs to 30 lbs.

I still have the hook that he bent out of shape.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Cat.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	2204  
Old 02-26-2010, 03:53 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

That is 1 big fish !!!

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #31

I wouldnt have believed it unless I seen it...LOL
WOW!
Old 02-27-2010, 12:52 AM   #32

Send a message via Skype™ to BENTE
wow!!! i once caught a kentucky blue on Lake Hartwell that was 37 1/2 long weighed 35-40 lbs (we couldn't tell cause of the flopping) on a chartruise {sp} spinner..

was the biggest and the weirdest catch of my life

tb

2009 Wildwood 26tbss
Nights Camped in 2010 38
BENTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:41 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENTE View Post
wow!!! i once caught a kentucky blue on Lake Hartwell that was 37 1/2 long weighed 35-40 lbs (we couldn't tell cause of the flopping) on a chartruise {sp} spinner..

was the biggest and the weirdest catch of my life
I bet that was fun. The largest I have caught on a rod & reel was 12 lbs.

The one in the pic wasn't much longer, 38" or 39", can't remmeber. After they get around 30 lbs they seem to start getting wider and not so much longer.

Starting last year you have to throw back all catfish over 30 lbs. Too many people catching the big ones. As far as cleaning and eating, I like the ones around 6-9 lbs. A half dozen of those will feed alot of people.

Catfish will bite about anything. I had an old fisherman show me what hooks to use and how to keep them shiney. He said the catfish will see a flash in the water, think it's a shad and bite. I didn't believe him until I tried it on a trot line. I've caught alot since then on bare, shiney hooks.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:25 PM   #34

The campground opens 4/10/10, and it can't get here soon enough. Since we are seasonal campers, are going in to clean up the site and make some site improvements the 2 weekends before the opening.
Bob and Teresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:13 PM   #35
Once and future camper

We went to Lake Buchanan near Burnet, Tx this week to visit some wineries. Weather was great the first three days (shorts and tee-shirts), but the last night and morning was wild. Thunderstorms, cold, snow and sleet to hook the trailer up and drive home. It is great to get out again.
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote