Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2017, 09:12 PM   #1

Why Forest River?

Hi,

We are looking to trade in a 2004 Jayco Greyhawk. We are loving the rv and want to step up. We are comparing the Sunseeker with bunks (probably the one not out yet, because we like the floor plan) to the Thor Quantum. We love the Quantum floor plan, but notice more Forest River on the road.

Why did you chose Forest River over another manufacturer? If you have bought a few why have you tried different ones? Any advice?
Thanks!
catchipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:25 PM   #2
Commercial Member

One thing to note on the bunk setup. On the full wall Quantum, you can't be in the bunks (legally anyway) while in transit. The Sunseeker bunk model has a jackknife sofa on the lower level that is seat belted. So they can sit back there in transit...then at night it changes to a lower bunk.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 09:47 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome from NC. Why FR? We are selling our Sabre to move to a TH and won't consider anything other than a FR product. The reasons are simple. All RV manufacturers make great rigs and all manufacturers make lemons,the key is in how they stand behind them. FR has stood behind my Sabre and even helped with an out of warranty brakes and bearings repair as a good will offering. I have seen them do large out of warranty repairs because it was the right thing to do. They have the Forest River Owner's Group (FROG). FROG sponsors rallies across the country. These tableware a lot of fun and we've made many great friends. The international rally in Goshen has tons of seminars and meals included in the fee. Also included in the fee are repairs to your rig (I think the limit is now 3 items that would have originally been covered under warranty). These repairs are completed by factory personal and regardless of your rigs age. This is unheard of by any other manufacturer out there.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Welcome from NC. Also included in the fee are repairs to your rig (I think the limit is now 3 items that would have originally been covered under warranty). These repairs are completed by factory personal and regardless of your rigs age. This is unheard of by any other manufacturer out there.
That is all great if you live "back east". Do they have anything like that in the western states, have not heard of it. It would be greet if they did.

2016 t28FQDX Shockwave,
New Provider tires 10/31/18 ,
2021 Chev LT 3500
2020 Polaris RZR 900 Fox Edition
herbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:21 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Six years ago, we were totally ignorant of RVs. Growing up, our families had camps along the lakes in Maine and our only tent camping adventure was when, in 1995, the Air Force restationed us from Alaska to Texas so we bought a tent and gear and camped our way down the ALCAN, across Canada, to Maine.

My wife was a hairdresser at the Air Force Academy beauty salon and had many clients who told her of their many fun outings in their RVs. They advised her not to wait for retirement (we were in our upper 40's) so we said what-the-heck and bought a used 18-footer "Nomad" which was made by Skyline. (It was a 2-year old repo and the RV dealer said it would be a great "starter" camper for noobs.) We feel in love with camping and soon felt boxed in with it.

So we spent about a year looking at everything from Class-A's to even those cool campers that have hydraulics to both expand and raise up...we even looked at campers that fit in the bed of a truck. (I still can't believe how expensive those are.)

Why Forest River? I'd have to say because of the obvious quality and upgrades that are standard and because our RV dealer said they were the best and were what he sold the most of...because they are the best. But, like anything else, you have to take care of whatever you buy which is especially true for something that gets rattled around so much....we all need a little bit of skills as an electrician, plumber, mechanic, and finisher/detailer with an RV!
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:30 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbike View Post
That is all great if you live "back east". Do they have anything like that in the western states, have not heard of it. It would be greet if they did.
There are currently rallies planned in CA, OR, IN, TX, and Utah. The one in IN is the only one that offers the factory repairs.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:39 AM   #7

Thanks!

Thanks for all of the advice. One more question. What are your thoughts between rubber and fiberglass roofs? Anyone had both? How is the upkeep. We are pretty handy.
catchipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:21 AM   #8
Camp Bartender

My wife and I chose our Wildwood 28dbud because it had everything we were looking for. Ideal floor plan, finishes, etc. We weren't looking for a particular manufacturer, but the ideal trailer, and we certainly found it.

2015-2018: 20 Trips, 61 Nights Camped
2018: 5 Trips, 15 Nights Camped
2019: 2 Trips, 10 nights so far......
stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river