Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2021, 09:33 PM   #1
Anti-expert

You've been saved!

I had written a long introduction story however when I left the page to look up a product name everything was gone when I came back therefore you won't have to read my long winded diatribe. Lucky you!

In short, we bought a new 2022 Wolf Pup 16BHS Limited with all the extra packages waaaay below MSRP locally and in stock. We'll pick it up when my brake controller arrives. I wasn't impressed with the low end units they carried and it was going to be a week till they could do the prep so I'm using the time to research all the little things we need to outfit it. I'm very open to lists and tips of what to look for and where to find it. For now I'm using dealer suggestions, youtube videos and common sense.

Looking forward to our first night driveway deflowering and local/regional shake down trips before tackling some long multi day adventures and maybe a 4600 mile beach vacation run before the snow hits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210831_141439.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	322.7 KB
ID:	262189   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210831_151553.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	469.5 KB
ID:	262190  
Cactuscorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 10:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuscorn View Post
I had written a long introduction story however when I left the page to look up a product name everything was gone when I came back therefore you won't have to read my long winded diatribe. Lucky you!

In short, we bought a new 2022 Wolf Pup 16BHS Limited with all the extra packages waaaay below MSRP locally and in stock. We'll pick it up when my brake controller arrives. I wasn't impressed with the low end units they carried and it was going to be a week till they could do the prep so I'm using the time to research all the little things we need to outfit it. I'm very open to lists and tips of what to look for and where to find it. For now I'm using dealer suggestions, youtube videos and common sense.

Looking forward to our first night driveway deflowering and local/regional shake down trips before tackling some long multi day adventures and maybe a 4600 mile beach vacation run before the snow hits.
Welcome to the group and thanks for sparing us, but long stories can be entertaining.

If you're new to camping, go easy on what you "think" you need or you'll go broke, fast. There certainly are many things you do need but it may serve you better to buy only absolute essentials like water and sewer hoses. While you're out camping, check out what other campers use and figure out it if will work for you, or not. Even when you get those things, you'll change how you camp over time and with experience.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 11:07 PM   #3
Anti-expert

Yep. I'm with you there. Just slashed my Amazon order so badly I might get charged with assault. Only the necessities. The rest will come from the house and my camp boxes till we figure it out.

Thanks man
Old 09-03-2021, 12:39 AM   #4

What are the photos of?
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 04:45 AM   #5
Defender of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
Welcome to the group and thanks for sparing us, but long stories can be entertaining.

If you're new to camping, go easy on what you "think" you need or you'll go broke, fast. There certainly are many things you do need but it may serve you better to buy only absolute essentials like water and sewer hoses. While you're out camping, check out what other campers use and figure out it if will work for you, or not. Even when you get those things, you'll change how you camp over time and with experience.
Sage advice presented perfectly.
Centerline TS WDH
Nick Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 05:21 AM   #6

Congrats from another Pup owner on the new arrival! Sounds like you got a great deal. Enjoy and let folks know how your first trip goes.
2022 Ram 3500 CTD CC 4X4
Lee-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 11:20 AM   #7
Anti-expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
What are the photos of?
Tow vehicle and the new Pup
Old 09-03-2021, 11:21 AM   #8
Anti-expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-C View Post
Congrats from another Pup owner on the new arrival! Sounds like you got a great deal. Enjoy and let folks know how your first trip goes.
Gracias! Any good Pup tips? I'm all ears.
Old 09-03-2021, 11:25 AM   #9
Anti-expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
Sage advice presented perfectly.
Indeed. I know truck camping and backpacking pretty well and spent years chasing car races in a Winnebago 30 years ago but this trailer camping thing will be a big learning curve I'm sure.