Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2010, 09:58 PM   #1

Auxilliary start switch

just bought a used 2000 reflection motorhome and wondered what the auxilliary start switch is for and when you use it. any help appreciated.
msham87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:08 AM   #2

Start switch

Sorry but more information needed where is this switch at ? I think You must mean the dash switch for the Gen.maby but not sure You need to give all the info.first Ok Bushman
Bushman512003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:18 AM   #3

I had an 06 Georgie Boy motorhome and the switch was in the event the starting battery goes out this switch allows starting the engine with house batteries.I had a seperate switch marked generator
bill and theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
N7FN

msham87,

I have a Reflection 327 on a Spartan chassis and Cummins diesel. The switch on the lower left hand console, aft of the gear shifter, labeled auxiliary start is used to parallel the house battery with the engine start battery. Use this feature to start the engine when unable to start the engine using the engine start battery alone. You've got about a 50-50 chance that it will work.

Frank
Frank_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #5

Thanks to all.
Yes it is the auxilliary switch on the left hand console that I needed to understand. I too have the same model reflection 327 (spartan chassis and cummins engine.

Now another question. On this motorhome, I understand that the battery switch just inside the front door on the front dash panel controls the house batteries. It allows you to deactivate the house batteries. Is there a similar switch that de-activates the engine batteries when the motorhome is stored for long periods.
Thanks.
msham87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:09 AM   #6

switch

check the Battery box for knife switchs if not there Install 2 one on each set of batterys then You can diss.all of them .I do think the dash 12volt cut off is for emergency use it operates a relay if I remember so some juice will still be used its a pain to check the Batt.water but do it 2 times a year or more if water goes down! I had a little mirror for that job it was still hard to see and refill the damn things but had to getter done lol Lots of work till You get used to the things that have to be done I sure do not miss the M.Home at all lol BushmanThat switch by the shift is to swing Batterys if You need to have more power to start the motor for emergency use only hope You never need it You have a problem if You do called DEAD Batt.....
Bushman512003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reflection