Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2020, 02:16 AM   #1

07 work and play skylight install

Hello, I have a 07 work and play toy hauler and will like to install a skylight in the bathroom for more light and to kind of update it a little.y question is does anyone know where I can get the frame diagram so I can see where to cut?

Thanks in advance
Gardawoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 09:33 AM   #2

there is not such thing as a frame diagram that I know of. Go up on the roof in that area and look for joist or use a stud finder inside to mark the location. Myself I would add lighting before a skylight the reason is skylight are a serious source of heat in the summer and a possible source of leaks. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 11:04 AM   #3

i hate my skylights. wakes you up in morning. plastic liner inside comes loose , hot. leak potential , breaks from tree limbs,, HAIL DAMAGE.FART fans are nice , but just leave for a minute or so. Max air cover over a vent is a good investment, but they do blow off after a few years of use.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 01:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
there is not such thing as a frame diagram that I know of. Go up on the roof in that area and look for joist or use a stud finder inside to mark the location. Myself I would add lighting before a skylight the reason is skylight are a serious source of heat in the summer and a possible source of leaks. JMHO
I have changed the light's already, which made a significant difference. However I am also trying to get a little more head clearance in the shower that's why I thought of installing one over the shower.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas ho View Post
i hate my skylights. wakes you up in morning. plastic liner inside comes loose , hot. leak potential , breaks from tree limbs,, HAIL DAMAGE.FART fans are nice , but just leave for a minute or so. Max air cover over a vent is a good investment, but they do blow off after a few years of use.
The light in the morning won't be a problem in the bathroom, however I also thought of falling branches and we are set up under two large trees but I was thinking of welding up a cage to go over it to deflect the falling branches/limbs.
Old 12-24-2020, 05:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas ho View Post

Wow! Max Air Cover Blows Off. Obviously not attached properly is my guess.
As for plastic liner, you can remove it. That is what I did over my shower.

I have had the max air cover over my bathroom vent for four years now without issue. Is it that I am lucky? Guess I need you to explain that one.

Thanks!
KEN9XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 01:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN9XL View Post
Wow! Max Air Cover Blows Off. Obviously not attached properly is my guess.
As for plastic liner, you can remove it. That is what I did over my shower.

I have had the max air cover over my bathroom vent for four years now without issue. Is it that I am lucky? Guess I need you to explain that one.

Thanks!
X2. If a Maxx Air ever blows off, it was not installed correctly. I have had them on every RV we have owned. They also survived hail storms that destroyed every other cover/cap/skylight on the roof
The first thing I check is the headroom in the shower. You do not want your head up in the skylight some have when showering, trust me!
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 01:44 PM   #8

I'm a super fan of Max-Air covers. I have never had one come off or loose. They are really nice when it raining. X3 what NMWildcat said I'm 5'9" so clearance is not a problem.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, skylight, work and play