Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
MovinSue

'11 Lexington GTS Passenger Chair

I am a single traveler and have pondered how to use the passenger side of my cab more productively...

Has anyone tried turning the passenger chair around to face the inside of the RV? It would require removing and repositioning it as it will not swivel around obstacles. If it were released all the way forward into the interior, I would have storage space on the passenger floor and another seat inside the living space.

I wonder if anyone has tried this with success. My main concern is going to all the trouble and then finding that the seatback obscures my side mirror or that the floor slopes or something weird.

2013 Lacrosse 323RST TT
Towing Cassie the Dog, a privileged Bichon frise

Winters in FL--Summers in Northern CA
MovinSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovinSue
I am a single traveler and have pondered how to use the passenger side of my cab more productively...

Has anyone tried turning the passenger chair around to face the inside of the RV? It would require removing and repositioning it as it will not swivel around obstacles. If it were released all the way forward into the interior, I would have storage space on the passenger floor and another seat inside the living space.

I wonder if anyone has tried this with success. My main concern is going to all the trouble and then finding that the seatback obscures my side mirror or that the floor slopes or something weird.
I turn my passenger chair Into a swivel it is great all you need is a to change the base took me a half hour to install
Bobby ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:45 AM   #3
MovinSue

Bobby NY; that would be even better than repositioning as fixed! Can you post details of your mod, including the specs of the base and where you bought it from? Did you buy a base to elevate the pedestal at all and, if so, how high? If not, do you think it could be elevated? Also, do you have the same unit I do ie Lexington 265? Do you have any photos?

Do you have any trouble swiveling (ie cab obstacles) and if so, what maneuvers must you do? Is there any problem viewing out the passenger mirror when the seat is in the swiveled position (into the interior)? I intend to maintain the chair in the "interior" position but with a swivel this is not so much of an issue.

Did you have a helper? I am pretty strong and flexible for a female but I don't have strength like a guy and want your opinion if I need a helper (or would the job have been much easier with a helper?) Now I'm all excited!

2013 Lacrosse 323RST TT

Old 08-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #4

To find the base to make your passenger seat turn go to this web site
Www.discountvantruck.com
They sell parts for r vs
Bobby ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #5
MovinSue

Thanks; I went to the site but did not see any manual swivel bases for the type of Ford chassis I have. They only had power seat bases for generic Ford trucks ($700 Yikes!) with no mention of swivel. Is there a section I overlooked?

What RV make/model did you do your mod on?

2013 Lacrosse 323RST TT