Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2024, 11:25 AM   #1

2014 Rockwood 8289WS Fifth Wheel Band-Aid Updates

Just wanted to share some little quick and easy band-aid projects I was able to complete in my first overnight in my fifth wheel.

The first thing we did was switch the sofa and recliners from their spots. We are parked at a seasonal campsite with no plans of moving, so we don't need everything bolted down. The slides will stay open all season and we will just have to switch the furniture back to its original spot before closing up. (If we were to keep the furniture in its new spot, the sofa would block one or both of the slides from coming in.) I think I like the sofa better between the two small built-in side tables and the recliners on the slide with the end table between them. Unfortunately, the chairs are much tighter that way and there is no outlet to plug in the lamp in the slide, so I could switch it back. Just going to keep it this way for a bit and see how we like it.

We then removed all the window valances and curtains from the windows. I don't like them and the space looks much bigger and brighter without them.

Next up, the ugly headboard was taken down in the bedroom and replaced with an adhesive cushion headboard I got on Amazon.

A totally unnecessary update, but one I absolutely love was changing the glass pendant light shades with some rattan ones I also got on Amazon.

In the table slide, in addition to taking down the window valances and curtains, I removed the wallpaper border, put some seat covers on the chairs (again from Amazon) and unbolted the table from the floor and turned it sideways. I think these small changes made a huge difference in brightening up the space and since it will usually just be the hubby and I, we can both sit at the table facing our beautiful view. If we have company, the table is light enough that I can turn it by myself to accomodate more people.

I ordered some adhesive stair treads from Amazon and stuck them on to prevent me from falling on those slippery wooden steps in sock feet.

We attached a corner shelf to the open side of the upper kitchen cabinets.

We also hung an entryway shelf with coat/key hooks to the small wallspace between the door and entertainment/table slide. I'm so happy with the huge difference these small updates made and I'll be sharing more as I continue to get things done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Furniture.Switch.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	423.9 KB
ID:	299804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Headboard.Before.After.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	411.9 KB
ID:	299805   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lights.Before.After.jpg
Views:	5