Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2015, 09:00 PM   #1

2015 Puma 31BHSS outside TV mount

My travel trailer came with a TV mounting bracket on the outside. However I didn't get anything to mount to the back of the TV to actually hang it in the bracket. The bracket looks like 2 deep grove V's one on top of the other. Anybody know what that part that connects to the TV and slots into the bracket is called, and more important where I can find one? The dealer is several states away so if I can get it myself and cut out a middleman that would be great.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:55 AM   #2

Hmm? Is the bracket you speak of, is the actual part that goes to the TV, then mounts to the remaining piece on the wall.. If the 2 deep V's look like an "X", then that is the mount. It should separate from the actual wall mount. The holes then line up to the holes on the back of the TV and get screwed in. Perhaps a picture would help. It might be called a "level mount" I think if you do an internet search you will find them.

Good Luck, enjoy the warmth, it was only -7 here today in Cleveland thank god it's starting to warm up!

Dave
David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 01:06 PM   #3

Thanks David, The bracket is permanently atached to the outside of the camper. The missing part is the one that attaches to the TV to allow it to "drop" into the bracket.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:17 PM   #4

We have a Puma as well there should have been a flat TV mount bracket included. But the TV mounted in the entertainment center comes off & the swing arm on the back will work in the outside bracket as well. The inside wall mount bracket is the same as the outside mount as far as the mounting.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:48 PM   #5

Thanks, I'll check that out. If they're the same I should be able to get a second one for the TV I'd actually move outside. Tailgate here I come!
Old 02-25-2015, 09:43 PM   #6

This is what came on our Rockwood Ultra Lite. One mount inside and one outside. It's a small bracket with 2 U-shaped groves. Had a heck of a time tracking it down. Had never heard of this company. Fine print RAMCO stamped on mount lead me to this website where I searched until I found the one that matched what I had. Needed specs to determine how large and heavy a TV it would hold.

http://www.ramco-eng.com/#!extending-mounts/cf63

MSCSL12-QD

• Scissor style extention for many viewing positions
  • Non-drifting design, even when at max load
  • Quick disconnect design for easy installation on and removal off the wall plate
  • Positive locking bumper for secure closed position
  • 12-1/8" away from the wall when fully extened
  • 4-1/8" away from the wall when fully closed

• VESA Patterns: 75x75, 100x100, 100x200, 200x200
  • Max Load: 40lbs
  • Common Screen Sizes: 15"-42"

campercouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:54 PM   #7

Try here: RV TV Mounts | brackets | motor home accessories

Ours is very similar to the "Detachable RV Marine Ultra Slim TV Wall Mount 15"-37"
Fiver: '15 Puma 295BHSS Anniversary Edition
Past TV: '13 F150 HD Payload SCrew EB, '08 Tundra CrewMax 5.7L, '02 'Burb 5.3L, '97 Dakota 3.9L
Past Trailers: '09 Wildwood LE 27RB, '02 Palomino Yearling RL, '87 Jayco 1006dlx
campingwilliamsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:25 PM   #8
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by campingwilliamsons View Post
Thats what we had in our puma as well.
I actually kept the one on our tv and the one that mounted to the turn-around, when the camper totaled. Now i have that tv and mount hanging in our den.

Probably pretty easy to make the tv side mount with some washers and bolts/nuts on a metal plate.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, puma, tv mount