Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2022, 01:15 PM   #1

2016 coachmen chaparral Honeywell thermostat questions

Hi everyone. Havenít posted on here much so forgive me if thereís information I could find on here about this already. I did try and search and had no such luck.

Our dometic digital thermostat has since been acting up with larger then normal temp swings. We live full time and currently in Ohio itís below zero with -30 ish wind chills. Last night I as to keep getting up and hitting the thermostat up button to get the furnace to kick on. Operates fine other then the temp swing was getting so bad it was nearly 10 degree colder then what it was set at. I had to keep doing this all night. Itís working today better but still the temp fluctuation from when it wants to kick on or off is simply aggravating.

I have read and read and watch videos on others doing a Honeywell digital residential type thermostat upgrade that uses batteries. So I thought I would try it today. But again I had not very good luck and it maybe I got the wrong model or I just have it hooked up wrong.

I got a Honeywell digital programmable battery powered thermostat seems very straight forward to install nothing to fancy no WiFi etc. i tried to install it and could only get the unit to power on and everything seemed to work fine on the thermostat but nothing would power up furnace or ac. My chaparral has one ac down stairs one up stairs but itís single zone t stat. Only controls the main living area ac and the furnace. So there is three wires red, yellow, and white thatís it. I figured it would be as simple as plugging in the wires to their according letters on the new t stat but nothing seemed to work. The t stat will click like itís activating the command but nothing else happens.

RTH6360D is the model number for the thermostat. If I have to take it back itís fine it was only 50$. Iím just trying to upgrade to a better working unit but I donít know exactly what I should get.

https://www.google.com/search?q=honeywell+programable+t3+thernostat&ie=UT F-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=ATnr8OWo6PTmlM

Anyone else have any experience or input with this ? Thanks
Fifthwheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 06:36 PM   #2

Did you get it working?
doanshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 07:40 PM   #3

i watched the a.c. man program my honeywell t-stat. in my new a.c./ heat system in my house. you have to find the main set up program ," i.e." select " gas operation" , or a.c. opp., heat pump, or non h-pump. this might help you. call 800 # .
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chaparral, coachmen, question, questions, thermostat