Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2014, 06:34 AM   #1

233s heater vent mod?

I searched here and didn't find anything on this.

Why did FR put the heater vent in the bathroom? This prevents good distribution of heat to the rear 2 bunks. Anyone modify their heater vent? Ideas please?

I have the 2012 model so I was wondering if the heater vent going to be bathroom can be rerouted.
stinkyhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
Take The Road Less Travld

If like to know too

I was wondering the same thing. I assumed it was easier and they just had no where else to go with it. I leave the door open so there is some circulation but if there are better ideas, that would be great or an explanation why the bathroom is best.
I've been an RVer since 2007, Lifetime Camper
Gotta love the Outdoors, Disconnect and Enjoy Nature!
MuddauberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:59 PM   #3

233s heater vent mod?

There seems to be an opportunity to reroute that vent to under the furnace intake below the kitchen sink. But haven't looked into it.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #4

I have a 2014 Rockwood 2306. In mine the 2nd heater vent is in the bathroom. On the 2015 version of my camper they put it under the wardrobe which is as close to the bunks as you can get. They saw the light!
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #5

In our Hybrid (StarCraft), the heater vent was under the tub. I was able to relocate it to the hall. By the layout of your camper, I would assume that the heater in located in the galley area, and ducted thru the cabinet and also thru a wall or cabinet in the bathroom. If the bath vent location is in the vanity, you might be able to extend the duct. How is the shower pan? If it sits on a raised base, you may be able to access the area and run the duct under the shower and up into the rear wall to vent directly into the back bunk area.
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:17 AM   #6

How did you relocated from under the tub to the hall? Specially, how did you access the vent under the tub?
Old 06-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #7

The vent was under the tub, which was raised to allow for the plumbing.

There was a vent and a t-paper holder. The paper holder was a bad location, the paper would get wet when getting out of the tub. The vent put too much heat into the bathroom, and none to the rear of the camper. The t-paper was moved to a different location.

I rerouted under the tub to the hall wall, and covered the tub side with material that was left over from the tub surround that I had added (the unit did not come with a tub surround).

If your shower base is raised enough to allow space for the vent duct to go under it (maybe around the back side), you may be able to fish is thru and up into the shelf area of the rear bunk. You may have to take the rear shelf/panel
out to gain access.

Our current camper has a vent under the tub (small dia. duct, so a smaller amount of heat vs. the other vents), and the duct runs thru the bottom of the vanity cabinet, thru the wall to the lower front bunk area.

Good luck and let us know what you come up with.
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:47 PM   #8

Thanks ModGuy for the details with pics. I'll have to investigate how to access the vent under our tub for rerouting. Will post here with updates.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:30 AM   #9

All I did was install an adjustable louvrred vent and glued it closed. 2 yrs. so far so good.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s, heater, vent, modifications