Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #1

2nd ac

just bought a 2012 W&P 30WRS and want to add a 2nd ac, trailer is currently 30amp. Does anyone know how to upgrade system to 50amp or how to add sub box or whatever? diagrams, etc ?

thanks
Steve
azwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:21 PM   #2

The easiest and safest thing to do would be to run 30 amp wire down to a second plug on the side of your rig with a small circuit breaker in between. However, if your current box is close enough to the exterior plug, you can replace the box and plug wire, then run the 30 amp to your new AC. Remember you need both the new box and plug cord. 50 amp lines are 2 phase and require a box that handles such. Also make sure you balance out the rest of your loads between the two like fridge and primary AC on one and water heater (if electric or dual) and second AC on the other with outlets spread between the two.
wneise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Did a search on here, and got this thread. Read through the first few post, then you will find a fairly detailed one on what you will need. Good Luck.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ice-18554.html
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
Drinkin beer on the beach

Tagged for updates.

Looking at how and where to add an amplifier and subs.

Looks like I'll mount a small amp in one of the cabinets near the radio.
Build the sub box and put that between the wheelwell and window to the left.
Looks like I'll have to snake the power wires through the ceiling? Or is it considered better to go down through the floor and across.

Should the amp be mounted closer to the power center and the signal and speaker wires run farther?
Rod Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:30 AM   #5

I'm in the process of this project myself and will be adding a second exterior power connection for 20 AMP service, which will plug directly to the pedestal and will be protected by it's own breaker. When I have a 30 and 20 service I will be able to run both A/C's. I am also making a connection assembly that will allow me to plug into 50 AMP and have a 30 and 20 outlet. This unit will also be connected to my thermostat. You just need to purchase the proper control box. When there is no 20 AMP service the second A/C simply will not work. It will not be ducted.
mblanks2 is offline   Reply With Quote