Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Mod free 5er

Added outlet in bathroom

Added another outlet on the rh side of the bathroom vanity for my electric razor, etc that never gets unplugged. Would show pictures, but it cannot be seen. There is less than 3" from the vanity to the wall which made it just a little challenging to install. Had to cut the hole from inside the vanity. Thank goodness the vanity side is only 3/6" plywood as I had to cut it with my pocket knife. Used an offset outlet box that I wired on my bench and inserted the box, tightened the attaching screws that holds the box to the wall, installed the face plate all by feel using a screwdriver tip in a 1/4" ratchet & socket. Tapped into the GFI outlet on the front of the vanity. Don't want to do that again. Total time: 2-1/2 hrs to do a 30 min. job. Getting slow in my old age. Oh, to make it a little more challenging, there is a sliding door that also uses that area so the outlet had to be all the way to the rear of the vanity.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #2

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Added another outlet on the rh side of the bathroom vanity for my electric razor, etc that never gets unplugged. Would show pictures, but it cannot be seen. There is less than 3" from the vanity to the wall which made it just a little challenging to install. Had to cut the hole from inside the vanity. Thank goodness the vanity side is only 3/6" plywood as I had to cut it with my pocket knife. Used an offset outlet box that I wired on my bench and inserted the box, tightened the attaching screws that holds the box to the wall, installed the face plate all by feel using a screwdriver tip in a 1/4" ratchet & socket. Tapped into the GFI outlet on the front of the vanity. Don't want to do that again. Total time: 2-1/2 hrs to do a 30 min. job. Getting slow in my old age. Oh, to make it a little more challenging, there is a sliding door that also uses that area so the outlet had to be all the way to the rear of the vanity.
I am going to do the same thing. I did add another outlet in the kitchen in the overhead cabinet between the stove hood and sink for the coffee maker. It went ok....!
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #3

Sounds like another fine modification! It's fun to see what everyone else does to make their units more accomodating to their personal needs and habits.

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #4

vanity

Just finished my bathroom vanity. It was small so I extended it.and prepped the countertop and installed granite tile and backspash. Made a little more room for the DW and made it look better. Next weekend is the granite for the kitchen counter and backspash.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I think I need to add one or two to the outside ! One outlet is just not enough !
I think one more on the living side P/S and one on the D/S will help .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I think I need to add one or two to the outside ! One outlet is just not enough !
I think one more on the living side P/S and one on the D/S will help .
Dern you f1100turbo, I had forgotten that one, only want to put one on the D/S. don't need another one on the P/S side, we have 2 there if you count the one in the basement.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:24 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Dern you f1100turbo, I had forgotten that one, only want to put one on the D/S. don't need another one on the P/S side, we have 2 there if you count the one in the basement.
I dont even have one in the basement !
altho I do have one in the outside kitchen and one inside the cubby for the outside tv .
but sure would like one on the d/s .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaulsen View Post
Just finished my bathroom vanity. It was small so I extended it.and prepped the countertop and installed granite tile and backspash. Made a little more room for the DW and made it look better. Next weekend is the granite for the kitchen counter and backspash.
Pictures would sure be nice, might have to copy your idea, but don't think I could gain much room.

Can't believe it, but DW says she doesn't need anymore storage space.