Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2020, 11:50 AM   #1

adding cargo slides

So I was thinking of adding several slides to my basement storage to make it easier getting several things like the grille and several other items out whether the MH slides are out or in, I've been on the internet the last few days but it seems all the sell is the slide rails which you have to add the plywood to make the platform. No I understand why this would be good since I'm sure there's not standard dimensions on the size of the bays but it seems every one I find shows a nice tray in the picture but not only does it no include the tray but doesn't have any dimensions on the rails themselves. Plus I find the rails pricey without the platform included. Am I missing something? I've looked on etrailer, Amazon, RVupgrade, etc... If I'm going to have to make the platform can I get some rails from the likes of Home Depot or Lowe's that would be cheaper that would work? Thanks
Great Granddaughter - Cora (2 y/o)
Great Grandson - Zek (1 y/o)
Phillip (son)/Charlotte (6 y/o)
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 12:22 PM   #2

I have a 2019 FR3 33DS and Ive been thinking of trays too. Same issue there is no off the shelf option the bays on my rig are too oddball. BUT there is a solution for items just as you asked and that I will be doing. Build your own.. something that is basic but gets the job done.. Watch this video will give you a good idea
2019 57:2020 20:2021 30:2022 46:2023 47:2024 7
robo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 12:47 PM   #3
Always Learning

Here are some detailed ideas on this thread:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ru-124083.html
Old 12-30-2020, 10:31 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to jeffho Send a message via Skype™ to jeffho
more sites The ready made slides are way to much money. These two posts give you ideas to make your own
https://www.amazon.com/SBR20UU-Alumi...8673003&sr=8-7
https://slide-master.com/product/sm2-lp/
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Webasto-501....c100010.m2109
jeffho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 12:21 AM   #6

Thanks to all. I've got some good ideas and options
Old 01-06-2021, 09:39 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to jeffho Send a message via Skype™ to jeffho
this is a good Pinterest link for ideas
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/486248090987174356/
jeffho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:33 PM   #8

Cargo Area Slides

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmctlc View Post
So I was thinking of adding several slides to my basement storage to make it easier getting several things like the grille and several other items out whether the MH slides are out or in, I've been on the internet the last few days but it seems all the sell is the slide rails which you have to add the plywood to make the platform. No I understand why this would be good since I'm sure there's not standard dimensions on the size of the bays but it seems every one I find shows a nice tray in the picture but not only does it no include the tray but doesn't have any dimensions on the rails themselves. Plus I find the rails pricey without the platform included. Am I missing something? I've looked on etrailer, Amazon, RVupgrade, etc... If I'm going to have to make the platform can I get some rails from the likes of Home Depot or Lowe's that would be cheaper that would work? Thanks
Go to Youtube. There is a couple on their who have just installed MoRyde
slides- dual direction. MoRyde is your best bet for READY TO PUT IN PLACE
slides. Costly, but I think well worth the investment.
OFF DUTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 10:50 PM   #9
RMA

I've been planning on following the 'DIY Storage Drawer' YouTube video also posted above. I'll post some pix here when done - and thank you for all the additional links, I'll take a look at those too.
Mine is a 2021 Surveyor 19bhle.
RMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 04:37 PM   #10
Flyboy1950

Added cargo slides

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmctlc View Post
I ordered some 36” HD (250lb) Ryadon drawer slides and made these plywood drawers & supports for the storage area of my 2014 Wildcat Max 27RL travel trailer. Just used them for the first time camping today.
Sbosserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 04:46 PM   #11
Flyboy1950

Forgot photos

Here are my photos
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BD82E4A3-16AF-44E3-A977-3EF58FF7C27D.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	321.0 KB
ID:	247711   Click image for larger version

Name:	60BD9F82-8E62-4EBF-AC6A-1B0CA6A08844.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	386.5 KB
ID:	247712  
Sbosserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 05:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbosserman View Post
Here are my photos
Those are nice looking. Great job. I'm on hold right now maybe moving up to a new coach with a tag axle. It has several slides already but may want to add some others so I'll keep this out there. Thanks 😊

Tags
cargo, slide