RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-01-2018, 09:15 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Be careful and don’t let any salt get poured around any of those plants as it could damage them.
Espically the trees. Then they may become a falling hazard and have to be cut down.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:28 PM   #42
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Be careful and don’t let any salt get poured around any of those plants as it could damage them.
I think the greenery has more to worry about than me putting salt in their wounds. I crash into them, stomp on them, fall through them (not drunk, just clumsy). In fact, one of the shrubs decided enough was enough, promptly died and withered to nothing. Which was fine by me. I now have a clearway from my drive to the van entrance. The rest are doing rather well. They are surviving our ridiculous weather patterns and my bad behaviour.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:09 AM   #43

We bought our house long before we started campering but we're still lucky enough to have room to park the trailer at home during the season.

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:19 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide5r4fun View Post
This mentality is one reason HOA’s get a bad reputation. People move into a neighborhood knowing there are covenants that all residents must abide by but then develop the attitude of “I paid good money to live here, I’m going to do what I want to do. What are they going to do about it”. I live in the country in a nice neighborhood that has an HOA and I soon realized there were a couple of residents that have this same mindset. Ironically, more than one are admittedly ex HOA board members. Simply shameful.

If your neighbors were truthful with you, you would likely find that the majority do not approve of your activity. Just because they don’t knock on your door and tell you you’re in violation doesn’t mean they are ok with it. Based on your threat of legal action against the HOA (which of course means you would be suing yourself and your neighbors) instead of complying like everyone else, my guess is that isn’t important to you though.

While a good neighborhood watch program is vital in any community, an acceptance of the simple fact that the covenants apply to ALL residents is more important.
By my interpretation of the covenants, I am in compliance. By someone else's, I may not be. It may come down to a magistrate's interpretation. I actually have mixed feelings on HOAs. They certainly provide a direction for homeowners that is useful HOWEVER, it only takes one or two gung ho individuals that believe everyone else should mow their grass the same way on the same day to cause problems. As with everything in life, there has to be moderation and balance. In my case, I believe the agitated individual is mad over a previous issue and the RV is just a way at stirring up problems.

With that in mind, I have taken bids to have a driveway installed in the complete rear of my home coming off a secondary road behind the subdivision. Other than the expense, this will actually work out better for us and keep my good neighbors from having to choose sides.
2005 Coachmen Santara 3690ts
Weekend camping
Sports media business use.
sinjin79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:37 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Allen View Post
Nailed it!!!! Couldn’t have been put any better!

Cheers

Hey Chris, I hear what you are saying we lived in Eastvale and we had an HOA and I think it's rare in Southern CA not not to have an HOA in any of the new developments lucky for us our lot was able to accommodate RV parking the stipulation was the RV it had to be behind gates. Years back I lived in Lakewood, CA in a neighborhood that didn't have an HOA and let me tell you some neighbors kept nice places others not so much so liked you described with cars parked in the front yards, No grass just dirt lawns, Engine blocks and non-running cars in the driveway, Blue tarps on the roofs to prevent leaks it was pretty bad so I agree HOA do have their place in certain circumstances.

Oh I forgot to mention those homes that look like they are in downtown Beirut are in the 500K and up range due how close to LA they are. You have to love CA LOL

Ideally when we moved to NC we would have liked to have moved to a non-HOA home site but it just didn't work out that way.
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:15 PM   #46

I agree the dang old HOA is a double edged sword. I move into my house a week later HOA sends me a letter threatening to fine me because I removed a bush right next to the house and who ever painted the house painted around the bush so the paint didnt match . Luckily the original owner left paint in the shed that was a match .

As for RV parking our HOA says if we have room we can park what ever we want off street and behind a fence or gate . My Trailer barely fits I have a tool shed with the boat in front of it and then my TT in front of the boat . I leave the boat in the driveway all summer so the TT will go all the way behind the gate but by the time they send me a letter the season is over and its already back in the back yard .lol. Luckily im in a court and my lot is pie shaped . Im going to tear down the shed and move it over 12 feet then I can back the boat up and the TT and close the gate without it resting on the TT tongue . I have to keep the gate bungy corded with about a 4 inch gap showing . so far they haven't complained .lol

TV:GMC 2500HD Duramax
TT: 2015 Wildwood 21rbs
510Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:07 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs4029 View Post
We have a septic system so I'm not even sure I can dump into it. I have to do more research on that my understanding is I can't if I use certain chemicals however, I did contact Rid-X and they said if I use their RV application it is safe for septic systems. The clean out is close by.
Just use chemicals that state 'septic safe'.
One point when dumping into your septic system, Before going home make your last stop a Full clean out stop. Try keeping your black tank down to a couple gallons or so. Under those conditions I never hesitated to dump into the septic. Never had a problem.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:18 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restcure View Post
We bought our house long before we started campering but we're still lucky enough to have room to park the trailer at home during the season.

Thats as tight as mine lolClick image for larger version

Name:	20171111_081640.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	159475Click image for larger version

Name:	20171111_081615.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	159476
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:21 PM   #49
Citrus County, Fl.

I am fortunate to live on a couple of acres in a rural area and have no HOA. However, if I were to sell I am sure my home would be worth several thousand more if there was one. There are two places 1/4 up my street that had 8' wide trailers on them and are converted to houses. One has junk all over the front yard and a 30 year old 5er parked out front with a blue tarp over it.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:25 PM   #50

My storage lot has no HOAs..... Thank Goodness.

It's close and I can be there in less than 15 minutes.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:49 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
My storage lot has no HOAs..... Thank Goodness.

It's close and I can be there in less than 15 minutes.
Store mine at my parents, up the road from me.
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:59 PM   #52

there is no way i would BUY property that i had to ask if i could plant a tree or paint my mailbox pink. HOA are fine for some but not for me, fourtaintly i live in e.tn. in a great neighbourhood.
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 08:57 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
there is no way i would BUY property that i had to ask if i could plant a tree or paint my mailbox pink. HOA are fine for some but not for me, fourtaintly i live in e.tn. in a great neighbourhood.

If you are painting your mailbox pink I would be glad to have a HOA to tell you NO so I wouldn’t have to look at that everyday coming home. Thanks for proving my point
SlfMdeFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:14 PM   #54

get a grip dude just sayin HOA is not for me i you want someone dictating what you do with Your property well that's just sad
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:34 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
get a grip dude just sayin HOA is not for me i you want someone dictating what you do with Your property well that's just sad

I think you’re missing the point...Living in a community with an HOA isn’t so much about being dictated to as to what you can/can’t do with your property as it is about protecting you from neighbors that don’t share the same “concept” as you about the neighborhood “look and feel”. My neighborhood HOA allows enough flexibility to suit my architectural/landscaping needs without me having to worry about my neighbor setting up a “lean to” hog shed, chicken coop or personal junk yard etc. I (and many, many others) appreciate the protection that an HOA provides. Sorry you feel that is sad.

Now, to get back on topic. To the OP, Ejs4029....I’m sure you’re happy to have your TT home with you. Great looking setup you have.
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:35 PM   #56

Adding RV Parking At Home :)

Nailed it perfectly.
SlfMdeFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:44 AM   #57
Site Team

here's pics of my new trailer parking space. it's a 13% grade that i have to back the trailer into.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:20 AM   #58

I despised our HOA, yet felt fortunate to find average that had a few covenants. I don't want to be governed on my own property, but I do want to be protected from much of what we see on rural land. Within a few miles of my home are examples of beautiful (expensive) homes that are right next to things that will clearly kill property value.

Our covenants aren't crazy and there are only 6-8 of them. No second dwelling, 25' buffer from property lines, no more than 10 livestock animals and a few others.

If I couldn't have my trailer at home, seems like it would be a major hassle. I go to it several times a week throughout the year.

Congrats on a beautiful solution to your situation.

tragusa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:50 AM   #59

I don't live in an HOA...and I'm glad, but several of my co-workers do. Some of the by-laws are a little insane....Pickup trucks must be in a garage and not out in view, Only 3 colors allowed for house color, HOA dictates the size and building material for any backyard shed and specify type and color of shingle allowed. RV's are only allowed in driveway for 24hrs...No Exceptions...co-worker has a heck of a time when he's getting his 5er ready for winter. I've lived in my neighborhood for 35 years and we do just fine without one. HOA's ?...not for me.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:44 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
I don't live in an HOA...and I'm glad, but several of my co-workers do. Some of the by-laws are a little insane....Pickup trucks must be in a garage and not out in view, Only 3 colors allowed for house color, HOA dictates the size and building material for any backyard shed and specify type and color of shingle allowed. RV's are only allowed in driveway for 24hrs...No Exceptions...co-worker has a heck of a time when he's getting his 5er ready for winter. I've lived in my neighborhood for 35 years and we do just fine without one. HOA's ?...not for me.

My pickup doesn't fit in any of my garages Not sure why it seems here on the East coast they make the dang garages so small in new home developments knowing that Trucks and SUV's are getting larger and larger.
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parking