RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-21-2018, 06:33 PM   #101

No HOA. City rules says it has to be in the back yard. Our house had 14feet from house to property line. Had to level the area so that I could park level. We decided to put a concrete pad in the back to park on. However, the grass from the street to the pad got really messed up. so extended the driveway over and paved all the way back. Put in two 30 Amp RV outlets. it is great having it here. I can tinker. when dad visits, he parks in front of my MH and plugs in.

To the OP, you put 15 Amp outlets. It would have been just as easy to put 30 or even 50 in. Just different wire depending on link.

Only thing I miss is a dump station.. Next major project.
Tax_Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:03 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tax_Man View Post
No HOA. City rules says it has to be in the back yard. Our house had 14feet from house to property line. Had to level the area so that I could park level. We decided to put a concrete pad in the back to park on. However, the grass from the street to the pad got really messed up. so extended the driveway over and paved all the way back. Put in two 30 Amp RV outlets. it is great having it here. I can tinker. when dad visits, he parks in front of my MH and plugs in.

To the OP, you put 15 Amp outlets. It would have been just as easy to put 30 or even 50 in. Just different wire depending on link.

Only thing I miss is a dump station.. Next major project.

The house was a spec house that was about 45 days from completion when we bought it so we didn't have the option at that time to put in the 30 or 50 Amp lines in

The trailer will be parked close to the septic tank clean out but I need to do more research to see if I can empty the black tank into the septic system I've heard yes you can to no based on a bunch of variables like chemicals, amount dumped in at one time etc...I contacted Rid-x and was told if I use their RV product it is safe for septic systems.
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:22 PM   #103

When I had to dump into a septic, the last night out I totally cleaned the Black. When I got home to the septic I only had 1-2 days in the tank. No problem at that point. Just dump and a minor flush.
rskeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:27 PM   #104

We are lucky to park at the house. There is a 30 amp RV plug on the corner of the house and a sewer "clean out" by the rear of the TT. As others have said it could be handy in the event if a utility lost. In winter if the power was going to be out for a long period we could fire up the furnace and stay in the TT and I keep the FW tank full in summer incase there is ever a water issue at home or a CG. Cant wait to park the new Hemisphere here!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1177.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	380.5 KB
ID:	162042  
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parking