Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2018, 06:57 PM   #1

adding storage under bunk cherokee 264dbh

So I started looking at ways to maximize the storage in the new travel trailer and seen how others have utilized the space under their bunks. So I got brave and started the project this morning. I cut the hole inside the trailer and got everything built out. I went to home depot thinking you can buy cabinet door off the shelf and they don't sell them. I went ahead and purchased a sheet of birch wood and will be cutting it down and staining it. Here are a few pics of what I did, keep in mind I am definitely not a framer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181230_104322.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	193707   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181230_104307.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	193708   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181230_110031.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	247.9 KB
ID:	193709   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181230_110044.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	193710  
Fast851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 10:16 AM   #2

bunk bed storage

I,ve got the same camper and was thinking of doing the same thing, However I store all my outside stuff in that compartment and realized I'd not use the inside door very much, so I decided not to do it.
Cherokee 264 DBH
Ram 1500 double cab TV.
Terry Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Luther View Post
I,ve got the same camper and was thinking of doing the same thing, However I store all my outside stuff in that compartment and realized I'd not use the inside door very much, so I decided not to do it.
Yeah my 6 year old told me she needed a storage spot for dolls and her drawing materials. Im lowest on the totem pole in the house, so i had to follow her orders.
Fast851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:29 AM   #4

extra storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast851 View Post
Yeah my 6 year old told me she needed a storage spot for dolls and her drawing materials. Im lowest on the totem pole in the house, so i had to follow her orders.
Nuff said!
Cherokee 264 DBH
Ram 1500 double cab TV.
Terry Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:27 PM   #5

So--my previous TT had that bunk configuration. It came with storage area beneath the lower bunk which was accessible from both the inside and the outside. I built/placed a divider within the storage area to separate what I needed to access from the outside from my g'son's "stuff" they stored in the other part. You did a good job.

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
So--my previous TT had that bunk configuration. It came with storage area beneath the lower bunk which was accessible from both the inside and the outside. I built/placed a divider within the storage area to separate what I needed to access from the outside from my g'son's "stuff" they stored in the other part. You did a good job.
I had a Wolf Pup BH and I did the exact same thing after wifey dearest told me that I was going to do it. Without complaining, I lose anyway, I did as she asked. It was great having the inside stuff separated from the outside stuff.

When we bought out current TT, I added a divider under the bed to keep stuff separated the same way. But now, I have to lift the bed to get the inside stuff and go through the outside doors to get the outside stuff. Still works for me.
BarabooBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunk, cherokee, storage