Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
Windjammer Wizard Wannabe

Assorted Windjammer mods

Soon after bringing our 2012 Windjammer 3008 home last March, I began some mods I'd been thinking about. Some were simple, like the screen door assist bars, Maxair II vent covers, hooks inside a cabinet for keys, and multi-purpose wall clock/weather station. We also liberally decorated with Reflectix in the windows this past summer. One of the first mods were the fence post sewer hose storage solution with the enclosed plastic gutter, low point drain valves, and wood jack supports with attached cutting boards. The cedar wood is light weight and culled from Home Depot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mod a.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	21148   Click image for larger version

Name:	mod b.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	21149   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic56.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	21150   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic57.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	21151   Click image for larger version

Name:	mod 3.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	21152  

J McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #2

Assorted Windjammer mods continued...

The original analog thermostat was frustrating with the variable temperatures. An inexpensive solution was the Filtrete Digital Non-programmable Heat/Cool Thermostat (model 3m-10) for about $20 from Home Depot. The most difficult part was installing a SPDT switch, while the installation in the trailer was less than half an hour. The temperature is now steady and the best part is I don't need to find my reading glasses to make adjustments.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pic a.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	21153   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic b.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	21154   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic c.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	21155   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic d.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	21156  
Old 10-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #3

Assorted Windjammer mods continued...

The bathroom skylight had been an unwelcomed source of heat and discomforting light, especially at our higher altitude. I wanted some type of reversable solution, so using paint, window film, or other 'structures' for shade weren't considered. Sometimes I hoped and dreamed that the Maxxair folks would answer the many voices asking for a solution, but none came. Using my marginal sewing skills first nurtured in junior high, I purchased tan colored linen and sewed it as a cover over two layers of Reflectix cut to approximate the skylight openning. With six fender washers painted to match the screws on the inside, lower plastic frame of the skylight, I carelessly, with little skill, sewed corresponding neodymium magnets onto the Reflectix side of my skylight cover. What a difference it has made. I didn't take pre and post temperature readings, but I now hear complaints about how cold the toilet seat is!!! The shade is easily removable for showers and allows soft light around the edge once attached.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pic 11.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	21158   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic 22.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	21159   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic 33.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	21160   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic 44.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	21161   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic 55.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	21162  

Old 10-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
Wanna Be Camper

Nice work.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by J McClure
Soon after bringing our 2012 Windjammer 3008 home last March, I began some mods I'd been thinking about. Some were simple, like the screen door assist bars, Maxair II vent covers, hooks inside a cabinet for keys, and multi-purpose wall clock/weather station. We also liberally decorated with Reflectix in the windows this past summer. One of the first mods were the fence post sewer hose storage solution with the enclosed plastic gutter, low point drain valves, and wood jack supports with attached cutting boards. The cedar wood is light weight and culled from Home Depot.
Those are some really nice blocks! Love the low point valves- probably much nicer for winterizing. I need to do the post and gutter mod- yours looks good in black!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:08 AM   #6

Nice job JM. Well thought out designs. Your too modest. Your skills are more than marginal. We came close to buying the same trailer. We liked the layout. Ended up with a Jayco Jay Feather which was better suited for our truck at the time.
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jack supports, sewer hose storage, skylight, thermostat, windjammer