Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2021, 12:55 PM   #1

Backup camera

Hello all...does anyone know if any other cameras will fit with the Furrion prepped mounting bracket on the back of our new ‘21 Alpha Wolf
ahottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 02:03 PM   #2
Retired Panpsychist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahottoddie View Post
Hello all...does anyone know if any other cameras will fit with the Furrion prepped mounting bracket on the back of our new ‘21 Alpha Wolf
Haloview make a excellent alternative observation system and have a Furrion adapter available. The adapter has two key items: (1) a camera mount that uses the Furrion "eyebrow" attachment screws and (2) an adapter wire that goes between the Furrion power plug and the Haloview camera.

IMHO, the Haloview MC7108 is miles ahead of the Furrion in image quality. BTW, go for an observation camera instead of a backup camera. An observation camera is on all the time when driving, allowing the camera to replace your (blocked) rear view mirror AND providing a good view for backing up.

Our 23IKSS had a Furrion eyebrow mount and here is the result after using the adapter kit.

2007 GoldenDoodle ("Cooper") R.I.P.
2020 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2015 F-150 4WD XLT SCab, 5.0L, 3.73, 36gal, HD Towing Pkg (53A), 1,980lb Payload
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 02:07 PM   #3

Thank you ��
Old 02-03-2021, 02:22 PM   #4

Theo, it looks like you removed the eyebrow mount and just used the Haloview brackets.

ahottoddie, if you want to keep the eyebrow mount, Haloview has a bracket for that too.

2022 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
2020 Rockwood Roo 19 (Sold Jul 2022)
2012 F150 SuperCrew Ecoboost
hobienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 02:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobienick View Post
Theo, it looks like you removed the eyebrow mount and just used the Haloview brackets.

ahottoddie, if you want to keep the eyebrow mount, Haloview has a bracket for that too.
I saw that, and on Amazon it’s about half the price of the cheapest Furrion unit 😎...I like that too
Old 02-03-2021, 02:59 PM   #6

We bought the Haloview MC5111 (https://smile.amazon.com/Haloview-Di.../dp/B07QQSSP63) as well as the Furrion adapter (https://smile.amazon.com/Haloview-Br.../dp/B07SBTPHCM).

However, i think our MC5111 came with the adapter and cable, because we used one of each and still have one of each left over! We ended up not returning the adapter just in case.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:12 PM   #7
AlBab

alternative camera

I bought this off of Amazon for about $150.

AMTIFO HD 960P Digital Wireless Backup Camera with 7 Inch Monitor for RVs,Trucks,Trailers,Motorhomes,5th Wheels High-Speed Observation Rear View

The company has been super helpful providing adapter cables and brackets. The monitor can do split screen (side by side) to show the rear camera and a side camera if you get the extra camera.

the unit was super easy to configure and all is working great in my driveway. I haven't had an opportunity to pull down the road yet but I'm highly confident.
AlBab930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 04:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlBab930 View Post
I bought this off of Amazon for about $150.

AMTIFO HD 960P Digital Wireless Backup Camera with 7 Inch Monitor for RVs,Trucks,Trailers,Motorhomes,5th Wheels High-Speed Observation Rear View

The company has been super helpful providing adapter cables and brackets. The monitor can do split screen (side by side) to show the rear camera and a side camera if you get the extra camera.

the unit was super easy to configure and all is working great in my driveway. I haven't had an opportunity to pull down the road yet but I'm highly confident.
Thanks, I will check it out...did you contact the company during ordering or after to get the adapter cables and brackets
Old 02-04-2021, 08:44 AM   #9

After all of this talk about rear observation cameras I re-researched the non Furrion options that come up here often. I narrowed it down to the Haloview MC7109 and the TADI Bros Furrion Compatible Kit. TADI Bros Pricing has come down and I am working on getting time to chat with them to get a few more details.

I am leaning toward the TADI Bros due to the longer transmission range.

2022 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
2020 Rockwood Roo 19 (Sold Jul 2022)
2012 F150 SuperCrew Ecoboost
hobienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:16 AM   #10
Trailer Park Supervisor

how long is your trailer??? My Haloview works great on my 20' trailer. They sell a repeater antenna also if you need it. I pulled my sharkfin mount off too, at the time the Haloview adaptor only fit the holes left when you took off sharkfin, not the actual sharkfin. I actually like the setup like Theo. I can't imagine mounting cam to sharkfin, it would stick out so far!

**I hang my monitor from the front of rear view mirror, so the antenna on monitor lays flat across top of monitor, not enough room to extend it due to roof of truck, yet it still works fine.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:14 AM   #11
Retired Panpsychist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
{snip}...**I hang my monitor from the front of rear view mirror, so the antenna on monitor lays flat across top of monitor, not enough room to extend it due to roof of truck, yet it still works fine.
I've gathered the RAM mount components to clamp the monitor on our rear view mirror as well. Tired of habitually looking in the mirror and seeing "OOR"!

2007 GoldenDoodle ("Cooper") R.I.P.
2020 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2015 F-150 4WD XLT SCab, 5.0L, 3.73, 36gal, HD Towing Pkg (53A), 1,980lb Payload
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:21 AM   #12

I'm actually looking at this unit to replace my Furrion, which doesn't get a clear picture. It is adaptable to the Furrion bracket with no extra holes needed. Plus there are many options to add to it at a fraction of the price.

https://www.tadibrothers.com/product...-backup-camera

Tadibrothers has been around a long time
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:21 AM   #13
Trailer Park Supervisor

Haloview must be reading our posts. They added this rear view mirror mount! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08J3RYDNW...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Old 02-04-2021, 11:23 AM   #14
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
I'm actually looking at this unit to replace my Furrion, which doesn't get a clear picture. It is adaptable to the Furrion bracket with no extra holes needed. Plus there are many options to add to it at a fraction of the price.

https://www.tadibrothers.com/product...-backup-camera

Tadibrothers has been around a long time
About 50 bucks more than same Haloview setup. I'm sure quality is no different.

***actually it is different. says you have to add grid line option for 30 bucks. Plus there is no recording capability. The Haloview you can put in a micro SD card and video is recorded. good safe guard. Plus the Haloview has sound, you have to pay extra for that in Tadi according to that webpage. Hahahaha, I sound like a Haloview salesman! Just a really good product.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:38 AM   #15

I purchased the Haloview MC10 camera system and highly recommend it . The monitor mounts over your rear view mirror- where you are used to checking often while driving. It came with everything I needed to mount it on the Furrion mount on my 2020 Wolf Pup 16FQ. As I understand it, the RC-10 kit comes with the repeater for longer units. The picture quality is good and it has a split screen option for the forward mounted camera- with recording capabilities for future reference (i.e. in case of an accident). Check it out.
2009 Honda Odyssey
Multiple tents and an early 90's pop-up.
Bourbonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 12:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
About 50 bucks more than same Haloview setup. I'm sure quality is no different.

***actually it is different. says you have to add grid line option for 30 bucks. Plus there is no recording capability. The Haloview you can put in a micro SD card and video is recorded. good safe guard. Plus the Haloview has sound, you have to pay extra for that in Tadi according to that webpage. Hahahaha, I sound like a Haloview salesman! Just a really good product.
The Halo mini is the same price as Tadibrothers. Do I need recording? I don't know....
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 12:51 PM   #17
Trailer Park Supervisor

No, you don't need it, but having spent a better part of my life investigating crashes, it's nice to have video on your side to prove you didn't cause anything. Between the rear camera, and a dash cam that records everything to the front, God forbid anything happens, I have video of it.
Old 02-15-2021, 12:57 PM   #18

Is anyone using the Haloview RD 10 or the Tadi Bros similar model on a longer 5th Wheel/Trailer? I am curious about the transmission range I have 36' 5ver and we are looking at The River Ranch Palomino which is just over 40' as a possible new 5ver. Another question has anyone tried the ones that use your smartphone as a monitor? I like the idea it is one less thing you have to have in the cab.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:40 PM   #19
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
Is anyone using the Haloview RD 10 or the Tadi Bros similar model on a longer 5th Wheel/Trailer? I am curious about the transmission range I have 36' 5ver and we are looking at The River Ranch Palomino which is just over 40' as a possible new 5ver. Another question has anyone tried the ones that use your smartphone as a monitor? I like the idea it is one less thing you have to have in the cab.
I have Haloview’s RD5 on my 35’ 5er. The MC5111 worked too but I decided to stick with the RD5 system because it has the antenna mounted up front.

I subscribe to a YouTuber called Love Your RV. He used to have a Tadi Bros. camera that he installed in 2016 but he found the Haloview has a better quality image on the monitor. Tadi Bros have probably improved their system since 2016 but Haloview’s systems are lauded a lot here.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera