Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2020, 12:24 AM   #1

Bathroom Motion Light Solution - Grey Wolf 22rr

After taking a few showers in the dark I decided to find a solution to the infamous motion light in the bathroom of the newer Grey Wolf toy haulers (maybe others). Found a rather simple solution for those who have a bit of knowledge of wiring.

First remove the motion detector light from the wall. Cover is tricky, front pops off on the front edge...not against the wall. 2 screws out and you have the light off the wall with wiring exposed.

Pull all wires out of the wall and see there are two sets of white/black wires running to the light. One is the power feed for the motion light, one is the feed to the light above the vanity (on the 22RR anyway).

The blue wire coming off of the motion light runs to the vanity light. Simply take that set of white/black wires and cut them from the motion light. Then wire them into the feed wires (black/white) to the motion light and you now have a constant power to the vanity light that can be operated by the push button on the light itself. No worry about it shutting off on you while in the shower!

Of course pull the fuse in the box before cutting the wires and also tape up the blue and other wire off of the motion light as you will not be using them anymore but will still supply power when the motion light comes on.

Hope this helps you all. Have seen several posts on this subject with no solution. First TT and already found some great help on this forum. Trying to give back where I can. Cheers!
Timmytim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:24 PM   #2

Same issue on my 26RRBL, bathroom motion light override

Oh my, perfect timing with your post. I bought my 2020 26RRBL one month ago, and this bathroom motion light issue really surprised me. This is my first TT, and I am learning more and more that the designers/engineers of TTs in general must not be users of TTs. Anyway, I will try your fix this weekend; thanks for the guidance.
My26RRBLinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 02:38 PM   #3

Same issue on my 26RRBL, bathroom motion light override

I pulled the wires today; see attached picture. Though you cannot see it in the pic, there is an embedded label next to the black/white pair, it says "INPUT". The label next to the black/blue pair says "OUTPUT".

Curious...after your wiring fix, how does the motion sensor behave; does it still operate like motion sensor and turn on when you enter the area?

Click image for larger version

Name:	trlr_wire_pic1.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	233554
My26RRBLinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 02:48 PM   #4

Yes, it functions as it always did, with motion in the room it comes on. It just doesn't turn on the light by the vanity. That light will now just function as a normal push button light. Best of both worlds in my on opinion.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:49 PM   #5

We stayed in a campground that had motion lights in the bathrooms. If you disappeared into a stall for a few minutes all of the lights turned off. I could not see my hand in front of my face. Very unexpected!
After I finished my business I had to feel my way back to the sink by the entrance door before the lights came back on.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:29 PM   #6

I joined the forum just for this info. Have a 25RRT and couldn't figure out how to get that sensor apart. Thanks!!!
n0m4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 03:48 PM   #7

Thank you for the tip.
When you say: "Then wire them into the feed wires (black/white) to the motion light" do you mean piggy back them, so that they share feeds?

Thanks again!
MIKNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 05:05 PM   #8

Correct - you are bypassing the output of the motion switch. Should be all black pig tailed together and all white pit tailed together. You don't use the blue and white coming off of the motion switch anymore. Motion light will still function as a motion light. Vanity light will now operate as a normal push button light.
Old 09-13-2021, 05:10 PM   #9

Thank you!
MIKNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, grey wolf, light, roo