Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2016, 09:58 AM   #1

Bathtub conversion to a shower for a 2015 Lacrosse 318BHS

Just purchased a Lacrosse 318BHS and husband wants to convert bathtub to a shower with the hope to get a little more room being he is so tall. Has anyone done this before?. He is very handy as he has his own home renovating company. Would it be something he can do or should he get professional help, he says he can, but just wondering how hard or easy of a job it would be. Tks for any information.
loly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:45 AM   #2

"loly50"...
I hear your concern..
Any major changes could have an impact on the warranty, if you have one (IMO)

Perhaps it would be a good alteration to install a shower and remove the tub for your use.
Keep in mind you are not going to gain a whole lot more head room for your tall husband.

There is 'handy'...then there is 'craftsman'.... depending on the quality of work it can hinder the resale price or it could improve the resale price, when the time comes.

I have done several modification to our RV's over time, but that comes with years as a boat and house finish carpenter career.

IMO... switching out a tub for a shower in an RV should be very doable with your husbands experience.
Just keep in mind to stick with RV components to complete the change.
Good Luck
Hope this helps

Islander
Edge programmer, 4" SS exhaust turbo/back,
Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler, Bilstein Shocks
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:23 PM   #3

I'm 6' 4" and wish I had a bathtub. My head sticks up into the skylight when I'm in the shower. What I don't understand is how a shower would give more room than a shower. I've had both and the tub has always made a better shower for me? That's assuming the tub has a shower head.

But to the question, I'm sure he can do it since he obviously has the skills. The only issue is the material he'll use will probably be higher quality and heavier, so weight needs to be considered. An RV type shower would be lighter but weight may not be an issue depending on the GVWR of the trailer.

Tags
318bhs, lacrosse, show, shower