Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2022, 11:32 AM   #1

(Battery) Prices are dropping

I was just looking at batteries to see if anything has changed and I found this the prices are getting lower and closer to AGM batteries and lead acid just thought I would post for people thinking about going Lithium.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NHVHHN9...2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1
doanshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 11:57 AM   #2

As predicted, same thing is happening with LiFePo4 batteries as has happened with Computers, Cell Phones, and just about anything electronic over the years.

Introductory prices are high and as competition develops the prices almost go into free-fall.

Quality will vary however.

Also interesting is how Lead/Acid battery prices are going up. Just replaced the battery in my truck. 75% more expensive than last time, 4 years ago.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 03:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
As predicted, same thing is happening with LiFePo4 batteries as has happened with Computers, Cell Phones, and just about anything electronic over the years.

Introductory prices are high and as competition develops the prices almost go into free-fall.

Also interesting is how Lead/Acid battery prices are going up. Just replaced the battery in my truck. 75% more expensive than last time, 4 years ago.
Yep, the price for that battery is about the same price I spent on a LiFeP04 voltxcell battery without heater 3 years ago. It's supposed to get down to -1f tonight I will see how the chins hold up they are mounted on the Tongue of camper.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-01-2022, 03:05 PM   #4

battery

Mike how long have you had your Battleborn batteries now
Old 01-01-2022, 07:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by doanshop View Post
Mike how long have you had your Battleborn batteries now
Starting my 4th season.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 02:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Starting my 4th season.
March 2018 for me.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 02:45 PM   #7
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Yep, the price for that battery is about the same price I spent on a LiFeP04 voltxcell battery without heater 3 years ago. It's supposed to get down to -1f tonight I will see how the chins hold up they are mounted on the Tongue of camper.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Brave man leaving them on the tongue. Like putting bricks of gold there!
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 03:11 PM   #8

Quote:

Lead acid batteries have been increasing steadily since the EPA shut down the last smelter at Doe Run in Missouri. The largest galena belt in the world. Mostly the prices have doubled since that time. Yet every new vehicle has one or more.
aircommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 10:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Brave man leaving them on the tongue. Like putting bricks of gold there!
No, we just don't have the thieves here as bad as the west coast or east coast
Plus, I don't store my camper at a storage lot. It's at my place. With Three large dogs.
If I lived downtown KC, I would worry more about it. Most people lose their batteries at a storage lot.
Old 01-02-2022, 10:25 PM   #10

cold

Well, it got down to -1f last night and Chins batteries worked great this morning I went to check SOC and I had 31% left plugged in camper it took 1.5 hours for heaters to get batteries warm enough to start charging by 1:18pm 99% charged hope they last. The high was 20 today I haven't checked to see how much propane I used to cold out.
Old 01-14-2022, 04:21 PM   #11

But are they just Chinese junk batteries . Dakota Lithium and battle born i believe are USA made . Dakota Lithium comes with an 11 yrs warranty and a lithium battery charger
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 06:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
But are they just Chinese junk batteries . Dakota Lithium and battle born i believe are USA made . Dakota Lithium comes with an 11 yrs warranty and a lithium battery charger
Of course that warranty has long list of exclusions and after 5 years they offer a new one for 30% off retail. Typical fine print. Still better than Pb.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:18 PM   #13

Quote:
You need to do your research better 90% of lithium batteries are made in China. Then battle born just assemblies the battery here putting the cells together. And installing China made BMS. Plus, you need to read your warranty on Battle Born batteries.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:28 PM   #14

warranty Dakota

1 year warranty on all accessories & complimentary products (chargers, powerbox cases, volt meter, etc).
Free lifetime technical support & free battery analysis.
Warranty only applies to original owner (non-transferable).
Warranties can be used for an exchange of a component only once.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:39 PM   #15

Quote:
You need to do your research better 90% of lithium batteries are made in China. Then battle born just assemblies the battery here putting the cells together. And installing China made BMS. Plus, you need to read your warranty on Battle Born batteries.
Even automotive propulsion batteries? No wonder the feds are offering a rebate on an EV but the batteries must be made here and with union labor. That cuts out Tesla also.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:40 PM   #16

D W

In the unlikely event you are having an issue with one of our batteries we have developed a straight forward warranty & return policy:

For all returns or warranty claims contact support@dakotalithium.com
30-day money back guarantee. Returns of undamaged batteries may be issued full refunds less a 5% restocking fee.
World beating / best in class 11 year warranty on all batteries.
It’s simple. Dakota Lithium batteries are built to last. We stand by our craftsmanship. If we made a mistake in building your battery we’ll fix it or replace it.
Dakota Lithium offers a 11 year manufacturers defect warranty from the date of purchase [fine print available here]. The average lifespan of a Dakota Lithium Iron Phosphate battery is 2,000 recharge cycles, or roughly 5 – 10 years with regular use that is appropriate to what the battery is designed for (see the specifications of the battery). This warranty does not cover negligence or misuse of the battery or normal wear and tear. If it is deemed that the battery was used improperly, you will be subject to a $150 an hour repair charge plus parts and shipping.
Dakota Lithium 12V to 48V batteries are not intended or warrantied for serial wiring applications above 48V.
To submit a warranty claim, please contact the original place of purchase. The battery may be required to be shipped back to us (Dakota Lithium) for further inspection.
1 year warranty on all accessories & complimentary products (chargers, powerbox cases, volt meter, etc).
Free lifetime technical support & free battery analysis.
Warranty only applies to original owner (non-transferable).
Warranties can be used for an exchange of a component only once.
Customer pays return shipping on returns or warrantied component inspections. Shipping costs for qualified returns will be refunded by Dakota Lithium. Please note some battery returns may require special documentation and packaging, and these instances will encounter extra fees. This is in order to correctly comply with lithium battery shipping regulations. For all return shipping we recommend using a local shipping service like FedEx office or the UPS Store.
If you have a quality issue with a product please contact support to help diagnose the problem. If a product does not meet our high quality standards, then we will issue you a replacement component or fix the original at no additional cost. Replacement components will only be sent after we have received your returned component and finished an inspection to determine the cause of any problems. Dakota Lithium is not responsible for return shipping.
Do-It-Yourself modifications or damage due to gross negligence or abuse are not covered by the warranty.
Return Address:

Please mail your package in a traceable method to the address below. Include a note with your name, your order number and describing your situation and/or request.

Dakota Lithium
Technical Support Team
225 South Lucile St.
Seattle, WA 98108
USA

No heater for battery
Old 01-14-2022, 07:51 PM   #17

Quote:

That is why I'm trying them out to see if they last as long as Battle Born Batteries $625 each with blue tooth and heater that is a good deal. I can buy three of them for what you paid for 2 battle born with heaters or Dakota without heater

Battery chargers for lithium are 90 bucks for a 20-amp charger
Old 01-14-2022, 07:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircommuter View Post
Even automotive propulsion batteries? No wonder the feds are offering a rebate on an EV but the batteries must be made here and with union labor. That cuts out Tesla also.
The cells are made in China but the battery pack is assembled in USA . That is how Tesla will get around the made in USA.
Old 01-15-2022, 09:49 AM   #19

Quote:
The cells are made in China but the battery pack is assembled in USA . That is how Tesla will get around the made in USA.
But who in china is making the cells . some china stuff is quality and others not . So where they are getting their cells plays a big part . I'm sure Telsa is not going to the cheapest bidder .
Old 01-15-2022, 09:53 AM   #20

Quote:
That is why I'm trying them out to see if they last as long as Battle Born Batteries $625 each with blue tooth and heater that is a good deal. I can buy three of them for what you paid for 2 battle born with heaters or Dakota without heater

Battery chargers for lithium are 90 bucks for a 20-amp charger
but do you need heaters ? dakota good to -21 with the warning not to charge below 31 . So i guess it depends on how much below freezing weather you camp in .