Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2016, 09:15 AM   #21

Phoenix Metrto RV Park - G7

Outside Air Temp 112 Deg F
Inside Air temp, 74 Deg F.

My Mirada has one 13.5k BTU roof unit unit.

I leave the bottom vent on the AC unit open during the day when we are in the front, then close it at night.

I made 14x14 aluminum bubble wrap covers that I insert into the roof vents, I also made aluminized covers for the front windshields and two small side windows. I have all my windows tinted.

I have a newly recoated roof (EPDM coatings - white). I also went up on the roof and spray painted the shower skylight white. It looks good and still lets in some light.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:58 AM   #22

Thanks

I did this to my AC this past weekend. Will know in a couple weeks how much of a difference it has made when we take the camper to St. Augustine, FL, but in the RV port it had dramatically increased the airflow. In my floor plan, half of the air was headed right into the bathroom door (less than 2ft away, so being able to redirect that air toward the front of the camper helped a lot.

Install was super easy, and looks good. Both of my vents allow me to direct the air (even the one directly below the blower output. I used a 4-1/2" hole saw and the holes were tight and accurate.

I recommend if you have this type of unit.

- Mike
foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:20 PM   #23

something else that helps the AC work less is outside covering for you slides . i use the foil bubble insulation . not only do i cover the outside sides of the slides but also all windows and vents . what i big difference it made in FL last winter . being as my slide sides are black you could feel the heat transfer through the wall . but not once wrapped
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote