Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2020, 08:41 PM   #1

black tank flusher

I have a Surveyor SV302 that didn't come with a factory installed black tank flusher. Has anyone installed one of these on this particular trailer and where did you put it? Thanks for any help
wet in washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 09:10 PM   #2

Quickie Flush .....

I recommend Quickie Flush as an "after market" flush system, ... there are several models of after market units to choose from, one even spins, but I've read more than a few reviews where the people complained that the unit froze up and stopped spinning, ... I guess when that happens, you then have a Quickie Flush by default, ... I've installed a total of four, (black and gray tanks on a Casita, black and gray tanks of a Micro Lite 21 DS), fairly easy install, the biggest hurdle might be getting past the fear of drilling a hole in your tanks, ... and with an eight foot hose, you can mount it pretty much anywhere you want it, ...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-401...-Hose/29764338

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 12:27 AM   #3

Thanks for the feedback. I am looking at the quickie flush. I took a quick look at the tank and I really don't see a good spot to install something like the quickie flush, as in there's no room on the back end of the tank to put the flusher like they say you should. I'll have to get creative and look some more.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:20 AM   #4

Thanks fella10....I am considering adding one to our kitchen grey tank.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:28 AM   #5
Old Camping Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wet in washington View Post
I have a Surveyor SV302 that didn't come with a factory installed black tank flusher. Has anyone installed one of these on this particular trailer and where did you put it? Thanks for any help

I did install one, the first winter, I did NOT winterize it and it did freeze and bust. I removed it, patched the hold and will never install another one. If you flush your tank a few times at the end of the season, you should be fine. I would not recommend adding one. It's net needed. Just my opinion.
EZgo TXT and ClubCar Precedent golf carts
2009 Forest River Salem 30QBSS
U.S. Navy Veteran
Eagle-751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle-751 View Post
I did install one, the first winter, I did NOT winterize it and it did freeze and bust. I removed it, patched the hold and will never install another one. If you flush your tank a few times at the end of the season, you should be fine. I would not recommend adding one. It's net needed. Just my opinion.
Very easy to blow it out with air when winterizing. Mine is factory installed, I winterize it using air. It is much easier to use the flush to clean the black tank than trying to flush the tank using the toilet.
wvcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:33 PM   #7
Brake is on left

Or push AF through it when winterizing the other plumbing lines.
I have the rotating head sprinkler style. Just a few pumps of AF takes care of it every fall.
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:06 AM   #8

Flusher

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
Old 10-04-2020, 06:58 PM   #9
Old Camping Squid

I agree, real easy to take care of, but I simply forgot all about it. I just flush the tank two or three times every fall and it runs clean, no smell, so I'm good without it.

I do flush the water lines with air and then pump the anti freeze through the lines, I have the tankless hot water heater, so no need to bypass anything.
EZgo TXT and ClubCar Precedent golf carts
2009 Forest River Salem 30QBSS
U.S. Navy Veteran
Eagle-751 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, tank