Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2018, 03:46 PM   #1

Bumper Cargo Carrier

I have a 2018 Wildcat travel trailer, wondering if anyone has put a cargo carrier on these bumpers or does Forest River offer one. Just want to carry a bin or two. My bumper has a warning that says "addition of non- factory installed components to bumper assembly is prohibited and my void chassis warranty" just did not know if they offer one that is acceptable
fairpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:57 PM   #2

I had a trailer hitch welded to the frame and put a cargo carrier on it so I would not have to worry about the bumper. Also do a search of the forums as this has been discussed several times (especially about adding things to the bumper)
lmiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 04:01 PM   #3
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairpilot View Post
I have a 2018 Wildcat travel trailer, wondering if anyone has put a cargo carrier on these bumpers or does Forest River offer one. Just want to carry a bin or two. My bumper has a warning that says "addition of non- factory installed components to bumper assembly is prohibited and my void chassis warranty" just did not know if they offer one that is acceptable
In it's current configuration that 4x4 tube won't handle much weight at all. There are kits you can buy that attach (bolt), to the frame and add ridged support. Many a person has fabricated a rear bumper rack with the intention of just putting some light stuff back there. It starts out with just a bin, then firewood gets added, then an extra propane tank or spare fuel can. Then a tent, and chairs and whatever else will fit. The added weight will eventually break the bumper off. Adding any significant weight will adversely effect your tongue weight, also.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cargo