Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2008, 09:19 AM   #1

Bunk Bed Grab Handle

Hi Everyone,

We have a new 2008 2701SS Ultra Lite and I've been spending the last few days making some small modifications like towel holders and shelves in the toilet/vanity bath area. So far I have not hit a stud on any of the internal walls so I've been using wall anchors to attach these things.

Our 8 year old grand-daughter will be coming this weekend and I know she will want to climb up into the top bunk in the back bedroom. I'm sure she will be able to do this but I know I can't. A grab handle would be nice if I could find a solid attachment place. Anyone do this? I guess I should just get out my stud finder.

I really don't like the wasted space below the TV in the entertainment console. I'm thinking about putting cabinet doors on that open space and a shelf inside. But new doors from Lowes would cost almost $60 each. I'll go to HOBO and see if I could buy 4 matching doors for maybe $10 each. Or a couple of cabinets with the right side doors and throw away the cabinet itself keeping only the doors. I'll keep the group posted.

Ron
Biker_Ron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed