Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
daydreaming about camping
 
jeeplj8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KC area
Posts: 1,405
can you see me now?

I had already posted a pic of mounting the new LED rear stop/tail/turn lights.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...nce-34520.html

The difference is amazing. I did it more because the OEM lights are not very visible during daylight hours and especially at dusk. The new LED lights are VERY visible. So much so that in traffic when I hit my brakes I have seen people stop short behind me. Good.

I also hated the fact that entire side of my trailer (all 38 feet of it) had a single amber light. One. So I added a few.

I feel much better going down the road. And my kids like to be in pictures...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130308_180856[1].jpg
Views:	259
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	25598   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130308_180733[1].jpg
Views:	231
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	25599   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130308_180805[1].jpg
Views:	234
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	25600  
__________________

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
DnD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,175
Nice job!!!

Thanks for sharing

AND

giving me another project to add to my list!
__________________
Dan n Dione

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,508
Looks good.
I've been adding mine for the past year..
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
daydreaming about camping
 
jeeplj8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KC area
Posts: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by DnD View Post
Nice job!!!

Thanks for sharing

AND

giving me another project to add to my list!
I know - the list never ends.

Next plan is to put some waterproof white LED's underneath and at the rear for assistance when backing and set-up.

We seem to always end pulling in after dark. That darn work thing sure gets in the way of my vacations...

Anyway - would help me to see where the trailer is, and more importantly what it is over when backing into a spot and help the DW to see those things as well.
__________________

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post

I know - the list never ends.

Next plan is to put some waterproof white LED's underneath and at the rear for assistance when backing and set-up.

We seem to always end pulling in after dark. That darn work thing sure gets in the way of my vacations...

Anyway - would help me to see where the trailer is, and more importantly what it is over when backing into a spot and help the DW to see those things as well.
Face it you like Chicken lights ! Lol
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
daydreaming about camping
 
jeeplj8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KC area
Posts: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Face it you like Chicken lights ! Lol
lol - hey now; y'all's gonna get my redneck up!
__________________

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
rotorhead1250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Country
Posts: 293
Oh, me likey. Thats a gota do item right there! Nice job, and thanks for the parts list.
__________________
Matt & Kathie
2022 Cedar Creek
rotorhead1250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
Phat Phrog
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 6,854
Oh my that looks amazing!! That is also on our To Do list! I was so excited when i learned how to turn them on without being hitched up, but when it got dusk out, and we turn em on.....I was so disappointed! That really looks good! Cute kids too!
__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 LTZ - named Betty
RV: 2017 Columbus 366RL - named Karen’s Camper
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #9
Always Learning
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Four Corners, FL
Posts: 21,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
I also hated the fact that entire side of my trailer (all 38 feet of it) had a single amber light. One. So I added a few.

I feel much better going down the road. And my kids like to be in pictures...
Nicely done! Do you happen to know if there are any DOT rules regarding the use of lights on the side of the camper? I have on idea, myself and I've seen some tractor/trailers light up a lot!.
__________________
Officially a SOB with a 2022 Jayco Precept 36C
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | Was a Fulltime Family for 5 years, now we're part-timing on long trips
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #10
daydreaming about camping
 
jeeplj8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KC area
Posts: 1,405
DOT regs list the minimum number of lamps, and color. there are no published maximum number of lamps.
__________________

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #11
Always Learning
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Four Corners, FL
Posts: 21,892
Cool! I honestl my had no idea. Thanks!
__________________
Officially a SOB with a 2022 Jayco Precept 36C
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | Was a Fulltime Family for 5 years, now we're part-timing on long trips
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
LKicklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHATSWORTH, GA.
Posts: 1,121
More lights

HEY, I LIKE LIGHTS..Currently adding four white running lights at each corner of the rv coach...these will shine directly down on the ground when running on the highway....should increase the visibility of the unit..
kick



Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
I had already posted a pic of mounting the new LED rear stop/tail/turn lights.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...nce-34520.html

The difference is amazing. I did it more because the OEM lights are not very visible during daylight hours and especially at dusk. The new LED lights are VERY visible. So much so that in traffic when I hit my brakes I have seen people stop short behind me. Good.

I also hated the fact that entire side of my trailer (all 38 feet of it) had a single amber light. One. So I added a few.

I feel much better going down the road. And my kids like to be in pictures...
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
dkb74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 543
Wow, that is amazing!
__________________
~ Darlene ~

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
HEY, I LIKE LIGHTS..Currently adding four white running lights at each corner of the rv coach...these will shine directly down on the ground when running on the highway....should increase the visibility of the unit..
kick
Redneck lighting ?
Or is this thread "see who can put the most chicken lights on"?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #15
daydreaming about camping
 
jeeplj8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: KC area
Posts: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Redneck lighting ?
Or is this thread "see who can put the most chicken lights on"?
awe Turbs - getting jealous? we can put some lights on yours too.
__________________

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post

awe Turbs - getting jealous? we can put some lights on yours too.
I'm all chickened up my phriend !
Your just behind the curve and catching up!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
LKicklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHATSWORTH, GA.
Posts: 1,121
Turbo lights

Hey, I found some really nice HEAD LIGHTS (bathroom) these would really look nice at night....do you like the pink or blues ones:
Attached Images
  
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.