Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2014, 07:34 PM   #1

Change out-swing door to an in-swing?

One small annoyance with our new Sabre 312 RKDS is the out swinging bathroom door. You have to be practically in the bedroom doorway to have enough room to open the bathroom door. I just noticed on a floor plan diagram for the 312RKDS that bathroom door shows as an in swing...as it should be. Has anyone taken these doors and frames apart to modify them? It looks fairly straight forward...just not sure how things are fastened....any advice?I think I'd rather do it myself than ask the dealer do it.
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4 SXT 6.4l Hemi 3:73's
Former Michelin Tire Guy
kevnval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #2

Actually I just did my two doors on my 8329ss, did the bedroom door and bathroom, the door frames are just stapled on, you may need to buy one side of the door frame to keep door knob and strike at same height.

kdcamper

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
kdcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #3

We have a forester 3051S and bathroom between bed and kitchen. Left side behind door is shower and toilet ,on right is sink and cabinets. There is a sliding door on kitchen end and accordian door on bed side. The door to shower took up room and made everything feel tight. We removed door and if some uses bathroom we just close the slide or accordian. At night it is like onsuite. And much more room with door gone.
USNMM1VETERAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 05:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdcamper View Post
Actually I just did my two doors on my 8329ss, did the bedroom door and bathroom
I've got an 8329SS as well, just interested in your comments regarding what you like about changing the way each of these doors swing?
Old 11-12-2014, 06:36 PM   #5

We have same prob with our Salem Hemisphere 346Qbud. Was going to reverse door but decided to remove it instead. We plan on replacing it with wooden accordion door. It's special order but worth the money. Better than falling down the steps!

dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad View Post
I've got an 8329SS as well, just interested in your comments regarding what you like about changing the way each of these doors swing?

My 8329ss is a 2013 and our bedroom door swung into the bedroom, so you had to close the door to watch tv. now it opens into the hallway against the exterior wall, the bathroom door swung into the bathroom closet door it now swings out and towards the bedroom opening.

Old 11-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdcamper View Post
My 8329ss is a 2013 and our bedroom door swung into the bedroom, so you had to close the door to watch tv. now it opens into the hallway against the exterior wall, the bathroom door swung into the bathroom closet door it now swings out and towards the bedroom opening.
Our 2015 bedroom door swings into the hall like yours does now, and has a magnetic catch at the floor. The bathroom door swings into the bathroom like yours used too.

Might be nice to get it out of the bath as it would give a bit more room, but I'm not sure I'd like it blocking the bedroom door if its left open. Did you just flip that door over and swap the strike frame and hinge frame?
Old 11-13-2014, 09:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad View Post
Our 2015 bedroom door swings into the hall like yours does now, and has a magnetic catch at the floor. The bathroom door swings into the bathroom like yours used too.

Might be nice to get it out of the bath as it would give a bit more room, but I'm not sure I'd like it blocking the bedroom door if its left open. Did you just flip that door over and swap the strike frame and hinge frame?

Yes I just flipped the door around and I was able to re-use all of the components, not like the bedroom door had to buy new door jambs, we find it a lot easier to close door behind you rather than trying to move around I'm the bathroom. We always have the bathroom door closed.

Tags
door