Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2018, 04:19 PM   #1
Chris and Cecil

Dinette removal in Microlite slide

I have searched the library for a post I KNOW I saw where someone replaced his u shaped dinette, in the slide out, with a couple of small recliners. Whoever it was even weighed the dinette, to compare to the weight of the recliners and the recliners only weighed a little more than the dinette which caused no slide out issue. DH hates our dinette and is interested in this modification but I can’t find the post. Any direction to the OP would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:12 PM   #2

I did it 3 years ago to my Tracer Air235. Best mod we did to the trailer, much more comfortable!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150808_133305.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	189908   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160318_154900.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	263.0 KB
ID:	189909  

Air235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 06:21 PM   #3
Chris and Cecil

replacing dinette with recliners

Thanks! Yours looks fabulous too, but the one I remember they replaced the carpet with vinyl to match the existing floor. I'll show yours to my husband and see what he thinks too. Thanks again.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:35 AM   #4

Free Dinette

BTW, if anyone is interested in my old dinette, it's yours FREE if you come and get it! This is the complete unit, cushions, wood, NO table though... I used it on another project mod. It does include both of the posts and bases... The trailer it came out of is a Tracer Air 235. Located in Trinity Florida...

Air235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:43 AM   #5
Always Learning

Is this the one you’re remembering?
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...irs-17910.html

Otherwise, this images search might help you find it:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Micr...iw=375&bih=635
Old 10-25-2018, 01:04 PM   #6

We have a 2017 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25 FKS. I replaced the u shaped Dinette with a 3 place reclining couch from www.recpro.com
We love it. That was two years ago and no slide problems.
morganrc1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:34 PM   #7
Chris and Cecil

Dinette conversion

Thanks everyone for the input on taking out the u-shaped dinette and putting in recliners. I come from a long line of women who sit at kitchen tables so I'm not sure I'm on board with this just yet but DH hates watching TV at the table so we may end up doing it later. We will be sure to keep all the parts too, in case we try to re-sell later, or in the event of an insurance claim down the road - much obliged for the advice and links. You guys are the best!
Old 10-26-2018, 07:51 AM   #8

I looked @ our 2013 SunseekerTS,,, do not think it is possibly,,,
Raised slide out,,, with outdoor compartment !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:34 PM   #9

Replace dinette with loveseat recliners w/pics
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for....php?p=1739640
Npmathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:47 PM   #10

The replacements sure look nice but such a project is a non-starter in my trailer. I refuse to give up the storage beneath the dinette seating.

Same thing is keeping me from replacing the jackknife couch with something else.

If I want make any changes I'd probably just trade in the trailer and go buy one that had what I wanted to begin with.

Some may be able to do without storage but since I like to boondock for long periods of time I can't see doing away with any.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 07:15 AM   #11

I understand that this is an old thread about the 25fks dinette removal but I have a few questions. I want to remove my dinette and do some sort of reclining couch but would like to keep some of the outside storage. I saw mention above of some doing this. Could you post some pictures? How far did the couch need to sit from the wall to allow for the storage behind it?
drtumolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 09:41 AM   #12
Chris and Cecil

Replacing ushaped dinette in Microlite

Wow! Long time since I heard from anyone at FR forum. We traded in the Microlite for a Grand Design 5th wheel 3 years ago but here's what I remember.

After checking with FR as to how much weight we could have on the slide without compromising the mechanism, we removed the dinette and used 2 push back recliners that we got from Camping World, which were made for RVs and put a small table between them. Can't' remember the name of the recliner maker, maybe Payne? Anyway they were small enough that we had room behind them and between them on the slide for the table, and to keep some things in baskets or crates (the outdoor mat, awning tie down, etc) and covered the nail holes around the slide with molding, painted to match the wall paper. We never used the underseat storage for much so wasn't much of an issue for us.

Frankly the storage access from outside was rather a joke and storing some things would be awkward since the slide was carpeted. We didn't do anything drastic thinking that we may have to put everything back when we traded, which we did do, taking down the molding, and replacing the entire dinette - you couldn't tell anything had been done and helped with trade in value.

Worked for us, but depending on the size of the couch you want to use you may lose the storage.
Hope this helped in your decision. Good luck!
Chris

PS. Not having a table to eat on was horrible, btw. I was glad when we put everything back.

Tags
lite, slide