Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2021, 07:44 PM   #1

Dinette Table

Has anyone taken out their dinette table and replaced it with a normal table? We are looking at IKEA and they have a lot that will fit (I just have to get exact measurements from my trailer when I can get into it). We are seasonal and we aren’t moving it. The current dinette is a PIA as it tilts and is unstable and no matter what I can’t get it secure.
mvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:16 PM   #2

My dinette was wobbly even though it has two legs. First, I properly centered the leg floor mounts between the dinette seats. Then I remounted the upper leg brackets on the table, centered, but so the table rests against the wall. Evened out the leg room and got rid of the twisting wobble.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 09:36 PM   #3

It's usually not the table that's the problem, but the legs and the leg mounting system. Our A-frame had some folding legs so the table could be moved outside or used between the seats as a 3rd bed. The folding legs were guaranteed to pinch your fingers when opening/closing the legs and took up most of the space under the table in either position.

I decided to go to a center removable or adjustable post for the table leg, but realized that would be tilting and unstable to use as a table. Ended up with a removable center post, but added a wood lip with velcro on the wall to make the table sturdy.

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 11:46 AM   #4

"but added a wood lip with velcro on the wall to make the table sturdy."

Got photos? Someone did a pedestal in my 19fd and the wobble is insane
JAChandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 08:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaughan View Post
Has anyone taken out their dinette table and replaced it with a normal table? The current dinette is a PIA as it tilts and is unstable and no matter what I can’t get it secure.
No but I redesigned the existing configuration to get rid of the wonky legs. I mounted a u-channed to the wall and another to the underside of the table. Added a fold down leg to the other end.
Plastic U-channel & wood from lowes.
90 degree folding brackets from Amazon.
I now have a stable table. Also, it's lower than before which is more comfortble and it can slide left and right!
Note that I had to rotate the electrical outlet so I could mount the rail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210402_155045967.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	279.1 KB
ID:	255201  
SammyDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 08:56 AM   #6

Did you ever remove your dinette table?
bvanoen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:15 AM   #7

If you don't plan on travelling, I can't imagine a problem with replacing the table.

Depending on what type of table you have, this may help. My table has 4 feet and a single column. There is a steel threaded pole in the column the joins the table to the base. Somehow mine worked itself loss and the table got wobbly. I remove the feet from the floor, tighten the threaded pole, used some Loctite and it's been good ever since.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:34 AM   #8

Thanks Skip.
We aren't traveling due to work issues, so I'm trying to create some extra space. Our 2021 Wildwood has the dinette and faux recliners on entry side. We both sit on the same side of dinette and as i stare at the other seat I'm thinking removal.
Would also allow a wider recliner set-up.
So in essence I'm just removing the bench.
bvanoen1 is offline   Reply With Quote