Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2021, 12:04 AM   #1

Dining room overhead light fixture

Does anyone know if the overhead light fixture can be replaced with a household light fixture? I have a 2021 Surveyor Legend 19BHLE and don't care for the dining light fixture.
ciditad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 07:09 AM   #2
Site Team

Surveyor 19BHLE Dining room overhead light fixture

Forest river makes so many models and they have so many different light fixtures, that no one can answer your question. However, if you'll tell us which model you have and which overhead light you want to change we will be glad to help you.

Having said that, I cheated and looked at your profile and it says you have a
Surveyor 19BHLE.
I assume that you want to replace the fixture in the slideout. If that's the case, it may take a little work, but it can be replaced. I recommend you get a fixture that takes 12 volt lamps or you'll be limited to getting special 12 volt bulbs with a Edison base. If you do use a standard 120 volt fixture you need to put a label in it that it's 12 volt and therefore requires a 12 volt bulb(s).
Old 06-27-2021, 06:56 AM   #3

Our 2021 Forest River Vibe 26RK(Built July 2020) When when parts suppliers were in shutdown had, and still has a few mismatched items in it. The biggest one was the dinette Light. All the trim work in the trailer is a Matte black finish but that light stood out with a Brushed Nickel Finish. Forest River acknowledged using leftover 2020 parts on some trailers to move them off the line and replaced My light.
But I did a search and there are many 12 Volt RV dinette lights for sale on line.

old light
Replacement light

Tags
light, roo