Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2016, 11:47 AM   #1

Dometic thermostat addition to AC non ducted

I have a 2013 Coachman Concord 225LE with non ducted dometic AC unit, I would like to put dometic thermostat to control AC and heat where present heat thermostat is located on wall above bed. Almost impossible to control AC with knobs on AC unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated, trying to give this as a birthday present to wife. I have purchased dometic digital thermostat and control board now trying to figure out how to run thermostat wire. Thank you all so much. Larry
larryhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:08 PM   #2
Site Team

Fishing the wiring in the ceiling and walls is going to be a challenge.

You could get some cordmate, and paint or stain it to match and run the thermostat wiring in it. It will be less noticeable that way.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:29 PM   #3

I've been meaning to post this mod since last year when I did it but never got around to it. Anyhoo, I basically followed these instructions to have my new thermostat control the AC without running any wires to the AC.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...mod-24914.html

You run a t-stat wire from the t-stat to the power inverter, and a relay cuts power in and out to the AC unit. I've been using it for a year now and it works great. Much better than trying control it with knobs on the ceiling!
In my case the wire just had to run down the wall into the base cabinet below where the inverter is.

Mike

Mikeschultz85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, thermostat