Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2017, 06:38 AM   #21

Try museum puddy.
17' Coachmen Apex 300 BHS
15' Ram CC Laramie 4x4, 3.92
aries75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:35 PM   #22

I have put many things on our walls. I've used molly screws, anchor screws, velcro, pop rivets and command hooks. If the item is light and won't break if it falls I use command hooks or velcro. slightly heavier items get anchor screws. On several heavy duty items I used the molly screws or pop rivets. None of my mods have come off or fallen (after initial set up - I did have some command hooks that wouldn't work/didn't stick). Match the usage to the type of screw/fastener you use. I love the command hooks but wouldn't trust them with heavier or breakable items. I was scared to drill into our walls but I start each one by drilling a very tiny hole to make sure I'm not drilling where I shouldn't (easy to hide if I need to move my drilling spot) then I drill the hole to size once I know its okay. Drilling into the walls is easy if you take a few precautions. I put up hooks, pictures, shelves, towel bars, etc. all over our tt. It makes it much nicer and cleaner for things to have a place to belong (dog leads on their hooks, instead of the counter, towels and swimsuits hung up, etc.). Good luck - Lisa

Chevy Express 3500 van
Palomino Solaire 251RBSS
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
cincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:46 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
The poster referred to them as pop toggles sold by Home Depot (and others) made by Powers.
Pop Toggles Hollow Wall Anchors
They are not the same as pop rivets.

These worked great for me in the bathroom's 1/4 inch wall. Mine came from Lowes and were rated for over 100lbs.
bleese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:11 PM   #24

If you must drill or use screws - Before drilling, be sure to use a good stud finder. If at all possible, screw into one of the very thin wall "studs", instead of trying to hang something on the 1/16" wall panel.

I have used a couple of screws with the Buildex® E-Z Ancor but I still look for some way to spread the weight further along the wall (adhesive, gorilla glue, etc. along the base of the applied object). Just one mistake, like slipping and using that item to catch yourself will likely create quite a large hole in the wall.
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
The poster referred to them as pop toggles sold by Home Depot (and others) made by Powers.
Pop Toggles Hollow Wall Anchors
They are not the same as pop rivets.
That is pretty neat.
ray98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:12 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Command Strips Hooks No holes needed!
+1, Command Strips are great, Mrs Wonderful put up a hook to hold a broom and dustpan. I figured the first time we forgot to take it off before driving it would come crashing down but nope, still there. Don't buy the cheap knock offs though.

crrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:11 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
One thing to remember, on outside walls the space between studs is a foam core and some anchors may not expand once pushed through the wall board.
A belated, X2 Aqua. Hollow wall anchors might not work on walls filled with foam. They ain't hollow!
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:31 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by crrod View Post
+1, Command Strips are great, Mrs Wonderful put up a hook to hold a broom and dustpan. I figured the first time we forgot to take it off before driving it would come crashing down but nope, still there. Don't buy the cheap knock offs though.

They are great, until the vinyl wall covering pulls loose and tears down the wall. Had it happen and not easy to fix. Especially if you can not obtain paper to match, as they change the design and shade often.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:25 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by djemgoss View Post
I have used small Molly anchors and they work very well on thin walls!
+1 on the Molly anchors. Although, I didn't know that was what they are called.

Did this....

Because I wouldn't have trusted command strips to hang this....

2016 Nights Camped 23 (3 in popup)

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
mac.dblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:13 PM   #30

My delimma is:. 12 volt wall mount 24 or 32 " 9.5 and 12 pounds on that quarter sized moly that I've seen on the broken TV mounts that hit the floor. The inside "wall mount reinforcement" just won't do.
Mine are still bubble wrapped under the mattresses while rolling, until I can find a solution without displaying a " Rube Goldberg " CONTRAPTION to keep it on that thin wall.
( Can't watch a 10 " tv these days, spoiled I guess?)

Any ideas?
androclesandrocles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:30 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_h View Post
For interior walls where I can get access to the back I will glue a 1/2" plywood backer in the area I want to attach to. Otherwise we use Command Hooks. On exterior walls I epoxy in plastic wall anchors if there is no metal backer already there.
A twist on that is a hole saw: keep the plug, slide a backing board (already drilled for the moly, go thru the item, then the plug THEN the support: tighten to mushroom behind/inside the wall distributing the surface load .

If you have a sharp hole saw and cut slow and gentle it will practically become invisible and hold up a ~~~~lot!

Kitchen needs, bathroom needs but still haven't done the: under the mattresses TV mount while traveling? The WILDWOOD WALL with. The sticker: mount ,up to 24" TV "HERE" MY STUD Finder , Found only 1 1/2 " of AIR Until the bathroom wall then: "wires"?

Be nice if the just glued a 1/2 or 3/4 ply behind ( but in front to the installer) the wall to. Mount to? [emoji102]
androclesandrocles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 04:01 AM   #32

It's like I'm reading another language.

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:06 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
They are great, until the vinyl wall covering pulls loose and tears down the wall. Had it happen and not easy to fix. Especially if you can not obtain paper to match, as they change the design and shade often.

I had the sane problem with Comnand Hooks- they pulled the wallpaper loose on a 6 month old RV.