Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2024, 08:07 PM   #1

E-pro storage ideas

Well my wife and I have owned our e-pro fds 19 fir about a month now, and we have booked a few sites for the summer and are now in the process of getting it all ready. The only thing we do not like about this unit is the lack of inside storage. We managed to purchase some cloth type collapsible compartments that fit in the small cupboards on each side of the Murphy bed. My plan to suspend them is to use " command " hooks, I feel they should be strong enough and there is no drilling required. We picked up some other storage baskets but short of that is there anyone that has this same trailer that has any great storage ideas?
Mopar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 08:16 PM   #2
Trailer Park Supervisor

A fold out towel rack. The cubbies inside the wardrobes. Only problem i have with cubbies is them not swinging rearwards as I shove clothes in them. Sorry for the sideways pics, this website is weird.

*edit - just remembered the hanging cubbies swinging rearwards I fixed by putting a short tension bar behind them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0559.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	274.7 KB
ID:	298214   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7547.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	369.8 KB
ID:	298215  
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 08:20 PM   #3
Trailer Park Supervisor

We use plastic bins full of dry goods in the bathtub during travel. Plastics bins beneath the sofa, and in the bathroom closet. Helps keep things organized and easy to find. Our storage space is beneath sofa, we don't have a slidethrough compartment like newer models.
Old 03-30-2024, 08:26 PM   #4

We had a similar trailer and storage was always tight.
Command strips will hold most things. We used the outdoor Command tape because the humidity in our trailer tended to weaken the bond. Any indoor/outdoor tape will usually work.
Do you have storage under the dinette seats?

Welcome to the forum!
Old 03-30-2024, 08:37 PM   #5
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
We had a similar trailer and storage was always tight.
Command strips will hold most things. We used the outdoor Command tape because the humidity in our trailer tended to weaken the bond. Any indoor/outdoor tape will usually work.
Do you have storage under the dinette seats?

Welcome to the forum!
Oh yeah, get a little dehumidifier. A real one. I run a 30 pint. The AC alone is not enough, doesn't stay running long enough to dehumidify this little trailer. I monitor humidity levels, when AC stops cycle, it shoots up to 90% humidity inside. My humidity is never more than 50% RH inside. I see others with windows/door wide open when it's 90%+ humidity outside and wonder why they do it, mucky yucky. To each their own I suppose. The main reason we have a camper and not a tent anymore is climate control.
Old 03-30-2024, 08:40 PM   #6

NJKris, I like the towel rack, the photo you provided of the cubbies is pretty much exactly what we purchased for ours and yes, plastic totes are our main plan so I guess we're on the same page. Reverse_ snowbird and NJ, yes we have under couch storage which is accessible from inside AND through the outside compartments, unfortunately there is no storage under the dinette, one side houses the heater and the other side has the electric panel so those panels are screwed down and those compartments full. But I guess this is the trade off, my son and his gf just purchased a used r-pod which has more storage than our e-pro even though our trailer is bigger but the toilet is in the shower giving then that space, I'd rather have the larger bathroom with separate toilet/shower.
Old 03-30-2024, 08:44 PM   #7

Ok, I'll watch the humidity, we leave in a area with lots of rain but I don't plan on camping in it if I can help it, otherwise it isn't humid here like in say Florida. I use a Camco stor dry plugged in all the time when the unit isn't in use.
Old 03-30-2024, 09:01 PM   #8
Trailer Park Supervisor

I bought a few large Eva Dry dessicants you plug in to dry out. Garbage. I weighed dry and when saturated, they only hold a few tablespoons of water. The dehumidifier works great, I take it the cushion off a dinette seat and put it up on there when the bed is folded down. The bucket is usually full by morning. Wife asked where all the moisture comes from. I told her, "lung juice". The face she made was priceless. But never have a wet pillow from being pressed against front wall in colder weather and wall condensation. I also have water heater i dinette bench, but the other one only contains a large drawer I use for table clothes, picnic table clips and some light tools, flashlights, batteries, etc. There is some space behind the drawer in this bench, but part of wheelwell is in there too. Used that extra space for big gallon jugs of cider my brother made me get last time in NC.

Tags
storage