Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2014, 06:02 PM   #1

Entertainment center to build or not to build?

We have a 2012 2250le and love it. Just right for us and the pup. Since we don't take others we don't use the cab bunk. I wanted to build an entertainment center but am not sure where to begin. Wanted to do it our selves to be cost effective. Anyone do this on their own?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Absnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:22 PM   #2

We don't own a class A or C, so I can't help you any with that. But keep in mind that that cab bunk is just like the pickup truck that you think you never use. The minute you get rid of it, that's when you need it the most. Good luck on whatever you decide, and post pictures if you do go forward with it.

Days camped 2014 - 0, 2015 - 24
IlliniJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:54 PM   #3

We currently have a surround system and the satellite box resting up there on an antiskid mat. I thought about a big door cabinet to hide the laundry bin I put up there normally.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-24-2014, 07:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absnova View Post
We have a 2012 2250le and love it. Just right for us and the pup. Since we don't take others we don't use the cab bunk. I wanted to build an entertainment center but am not sure where to begin. Wanted to do it our selves to be cost effective. Anyone do this on their own?

I had a 2002 with full cabs across the front bunk area. The back half was cushioned for a single bunk as needed. Meanwhile the cab was secured to the overhead and the sides, there was little load bearing area over the cab roof as it radiuses away to the sides and front. Hope this helps.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #5

That does help
Some. I was trying to figure out the right anchor points to use so it stays put.

Old 10-24-2014, 09:01 PM   #6

Problem is they add backer plates or wood strips when coach is built the wall/ceiling cannot support cab load without them. The wall is made of foam and 1/8 Luan. There are alum frames but not enough to support what you want. If you can locate someone at FR to find your coach design by serial number, maybe the supports are there and where.

VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:17 AM   #7

Good idea. I really don't want to cause damage so research first 😃

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums