Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2021, 06:05 PM   #1

EPro 19FBS - Microwave to Storage Conversion

Our 19FBS came with EVERYTHING, including the microwave, which we really don't ever use and were using as extra pantry space. So we decided to take it out and use it in our home kitchen to replace the old one we have. It's a win/win, and we converted that space to additional storage. It's freaking HUGE in there!

We still plan to do something to protect the exposed wiring, but for now all that is in there during transport is an empty dish bin and a cutting board, so it's easy to protect
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	efore mod.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	254262   Click image for larger version

Name:	opening .jpg
Views:	40
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	254263   Click image for larger version

Name:	opening close.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	254264   Click image for larger version

Name:	doors finished far.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	254265   Click image for larger version

Name:	doors finished close.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	254266  

CJGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:51 PM   #2

That’s nice looking - where did you find the doors for this
Newday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 11:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newday View Post
Thatís nice looking - where did you find the doors for this
Thank you! I like it much better than having the microwave there. So much more functional.

Ordered the doors directly from Forest River. You have to call or email their customer service area. There's a contact request form online. Have the VIN ready because you need the first seven characters, I think.

They will provide the doors, the hinges, and the handles. You need to buy screws, and if you want cabinet catches you need to buy those, too.
Old 05-23-2021, 09:16 AM   #4

Hi There - what you have done re/microwave looks great and greatly increases functionality. This is going to be our first mod on our Geo Pro FD. We also do not use the microwave and have removed it.

Question 1. what was the aprox. cost to purchase from FR for the doors/hinges/pulls - also shipping costs.

Question 2. without a center style, do the doors meet flush? [could a center style be ordered??] I would guess the doors would be a different size if the center style is used.

Thanks in advance.

Ron
Ron49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 04:38 PM   #5

Hi Ron,

Sorry for the delay in response.

The total cost for parts was about $85. I believe shopping was included in that amt. There was not a center style available to my knowledge. They take your vin (partial) for the trailer and use that to match the doors. Note that you will need to buy screws as they don't supply them.

The doors sit the same as the other cabinets, exterior mount, and close flush against the framing. I recommend also buying the cabinet catches to install to keep them from swinging open in transit.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-03-2021, 06:40 PM   #6

Thanks you - most helpful - have started an order.

Ron
Ron49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microwave, storage