Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2020, 01:58 PM   #1

Flip Up Dog Dish Holders and Counter Extension

Today we completed two small mods that I've wanted to do before we even took delivery of our EPro 19FBS.

One was the counter extension, as the 19FBS doesn't have much counter space, particularly if the glass top to the stove is up while the stove is in use.

The second one came to me in a burst of inspiration while trying to preemptively resolve that issue we all have - kicking the dog dish and spilling things everywhere and/or having dog dishes on the floor and in the way in a tight space. I'll talk about this one first and post photos and links.

For the dog dish problem, I had the thought that it would be great if I could suspend them from the side of a cabinet or wall, but I also needed them to be able to be out of the way when not in use as my original thought was to mount them to the wall between the bathroom and the slide out.

The solution to this problem? Flip-up plant holder rings. I found 5.5" wall-mount rings on Amazon and bought two 3 cup metal dog bowls. The angle of the bottom of the bowls fit in the hoop and the lip on the bowl holds it from falling through. They'll be able to be secured upright with either an in-cabinet magnet or an external cabinet catch - haven't decided yet.

I decided against installing between slider and bathroom after receiving the hangers and checking the clearance - it would work, but only just, and I wasn't comfortable with it being that close. We decided to mount them next to the sink cabinet instead.

We took measurements for where we wanted them, as well as where the bracket for the counter extension was located, and custom cut a piece of 1/4" plywood so that we didn't have to insert multiple supports. Wood glue was used to adhere it inside the cabinet, and then everything was screwed in.

For the cabinet extension, I just bought the Camco 12" extension from Walmart and followed their instructions. We had to make sure it had clearance for the fire extinguisher, and also wanted to be able to have decent access to the refrigerator if needed.

The best part is that you can still go in and out while both are in the 'in use' position without having to squeeze by!

Here are the results, as well as a shot of the support piece inside the cabinet. I couldn't get the photos to rotate correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200712_111513913.jpg
Views:	5085
Size:	336.3 KB
ID:	233771   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200712_124832428.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	540.6 KB
ID:	233772   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200712_130918483.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	233773   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200712_133457592.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	233774   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200712_132203607.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	368.1 KB
ID:	233775  

Name:	IMG_20200712_133515000.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	315.9 KB
ID:	233778   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200712_133624443.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	351.0 KB
ID:	233779  
CJGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:55 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJGray View Post
Today we completed two small mods that I've wanted to do before we even took delivery of our EPro 19FBS.

One was the counter extension, as the 19FBS doesn't have much counter space, particularly if the glass top to the stove is up while the stove is in use.

The second one came to me in a burst of inspiration while trying to preemptively resolve that issue we all have - kicking the dog dish and spilling things everywhere and/or having dog dishes on the floor and in the way in a tight space. I'll talk about this one first and post photos and links.

For the dog dish problem, I had the thought that it would be great if I could suspend them from the side of a cabinet or wall, but I also needed them to be able to be out of the way when not in use as my original thought was to mount them to the wall between the bathroom and the slide out.

The solution to this problem? Flip-up plant holder rings. I found 5.5" wall-mount rings on Amazon and bought two 3 cup metal dog bowls. The angle of the bottom of the bowls fit in the hoop and the lip on the bowl holds it from falling through. They'll be able to be secured upright with either an in-cabinet magnet or an external cabinet catch - haven't decided yet.

I decided against installing between slider and bathroom after receiving the hangers and checking the clearance - it would work, but only just, and I wasn't comfortable with it being that close. We decided to mount them next to the sink cabinet instead.

We took measurements for where we wanted them, as well as where the bracket for the counter extension was located, and custom cut a piece of 1/4" plywood so that we didn't have to insert multiple supports. Wood glue was used to adhere it inside the cabinet, and then everything was screwed in.

For the cabinet extension, I just bought the Camco 12" extension from Walmart and followed their instructions. We had to make sure it had clearance for the fire extinguisher, and also wanted to be able to have decent access to the refrigerator if needed.

The best part is that you can still go in and out while both are in the 'in use' position without having to squeeze by!

Here are the results, as well as a shot of the support piece inside the cabinet. I couldn't get the photos to rotate correctly.
I love the dog dish solution!
momraising5boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 07:07 AM   #3

Love the dog dishes!
Old 03-14-2021, 03:01 PM   #4

Added command strip hooks to keep the rings from bouncing around while in transit. (Photo keeps uploading upside down and I tried rotating it, but it didn't make a difference).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20210314_131532581 rotated.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	334.8 KB
ID:	249693  
CJGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:46 PM   #5
New here, old elsewhere

Thanks for the dog dish idea!